Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Men & Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men & Cleaning

We're back from Alaska. I'm completely exhausted, I haven't slept since 7AM yesterday, Alaska time. I'm trying to do everything I can to get my kids to sleep some (of course THEY slept on the plane ... which is better than if they hadn't).

DH picked us up from the airport, brought us home, and as he was heading out the door to work said "Did you notice I vacuumed? I took the time to make the house presentable for you. "

Yep. He vacuumed. But that is it. There is a Peanut Butter jar on the coffee table, 5 piles of mail on the island (one is even a catagory for junk mail .... why not just toss it), a tomato that was here before I left was still sitting on the lazy susan, and the kitchen counter has so many splotches / sticky spots it looks like the boys and I have been here all week.

He's been studying, so I didn't expect him to clean, but the "I want you to notice it" just irked me.

As though there is anything that wouldn't irk me on no sleep in too many hours.

That is more that my DH would have done. My DH is a total PIG. My step son is home for the summer from college and I feel as if I am living in a FRAT house. By the end of the 12 weeks I probably won't be a very nice person!!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My husband is German. House is clean. You could eat off the floor. Drives me crazy. Nuf said.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Welcome back!!! Sorry you came home to a messy house, there's nothing worse than that, IMO.

I clean SO's apartment so that I can enjoy spending time there. I won't spend the night unless I've washed the sheets recently. Ick. And don't get me started on the bathroom, or the bike tire marks through the living room, or the dust that accumulates... The kitchen is never too bad except for coffee stains. He doesn't cook or eat at home, so it's avoided. He's not bad about clutter, but grit is another story. He just doesn't even try.

Comment

My husband truly believes he's clean.

He thinks I'm insane.

We had a broker's open house today and all morning I was hanging out the windows washing the outsides and he thought I was just nuts. BUT if one of those people has picky clients? I needed this place to shine.

Jenn

Comment

Alison, I'll gladly swap with you for a week. You'll really appreciate the German analness after that. I had to significantly lower my cleanliness standards when we moved in. DH has also been known to call my attention to the fact that he took out the garbage unasked and feel proud of himself. I highly doubt he knows how the vacuum works.

Comment

Have you seen that show Wife Swap? That would be fun--if you don't mind Chicago.

Dh alphabetizes our spices. In our medicine cabinet the labels are facing towards us (when we were first dating, I did the obligatory peek into his cabinet and almost fainted; everying was so neat and there was no way I could see myself being with this guy for too long). The coffee table is a certain distance away from the chairs and lined up with the area rug in a specific way (don't ask me which way this is, because I still don't get it!).

He's learned to ease up a bit, and I've learned to be neater--I've got an area in our apartment that's ALL mine to mess up and clutter. It's fabulous!!!

Comment

My house was immaculate when I was sah and DS1 wasn't mobile and Dh was working 50 hours a week.

:!

Comment

I hope you get some sleep.

DH is a complusive neat-freak. He is forever picking things up. However, he doesn't clean anything unless it is the kitchen counter. Our house is picked up, but dirty unless I do it. He comments on the dust and I think, pick up the pledge.

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

Alison, Chicago sounds great. When we started dating DH had a horrible habit of eating in bed and a collection of various pits and seeds under it. He has since learned that I will freak out if I see anything more than a glass of water in the bedroom.

Comment

Oh boy. Eating in bed. I never did that...

Your husband would miss you because I'm a terrible cook!
                      I could do NYC. Definitely.

Comment

Working...
                      X