Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Feng Shui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feng Shui

Do you?

I have read a little feng shui stuff here and there. I'm having a bit of trauma now because my daughter want her bed to be opposite the door *with her feet pointed out the door*.

I've read enough to know that's bad. They don't call it the coffin position because it's cozy. Of course, I also don't really believe in the whole feng shui affecting your life so I'm trying to come up with a "real" reason that she can't put it that way. Something about my little girl's bed being in the coffin position just doesn't rest well with me.

I'm a total freak.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

I love it! (your concern, not feng shui, per se). The only thing I know is that you should have a plant on your toilet tank so that you're not flushing your money away.

Just tell your daughter that it will affect the traffic patterns (although she strikes me as too smart to buy that).

Comment

A friend of mine had her house feng shuied (is that a word?) by a consultant. Some of it really makes sense and the space flows more.

Other things like putting a rock under your bed does not. That heavy rock was hard to put under there! I guess it interests me until it gets too complicated.

Comment

It is funny. We had a broken toilet in our "finances" sector that ran all the time. This was when we first moved in and we were going broke trying to fix the place up. After we fixed it, our money stablized. Coincidence, of course, but funny. When I was reading up on Feng Shui in Boston, our apartment had THE WORST energy. And here I thought we were miserable because of the fellowship hours.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm so glad you posted about this, I completely forgot about it. I've been pushing furniture around every room trying to find the best way to do it. I studied it a bit in college, and I really liked it. I've used it in the past, to make a room 'flow' a bit better, though I'm not sure I really buy into the change your life part either. But I do think its a lot of fun.

And a story from the college professor who taught the class: She was trying to get pregnant, and found out there was a laundry basket in the fertility area of her bedroom. So she put a plant there instead and got pregnant that month. 8)

Comment

I must admit, I keep three bamboo stalks in the far left corner of my room for wealth and it's definitely made at least a moderate improvement!

Comment

There is a fertility area in the bedroom?

Comment

I don't remember if she said fertility or family, maybe it was family. But either way, once the dirty laundry was moved, success was had. I'll have to look up my old notes. I guess I have some more unpacking to do.

Comment

Or now that I'm thinking about it, the children area of the octagon? I can't recall. And I believe its not just the bedroom, you can apply the 'octagon' to a single room, or the entire house.

I think I have some re-reading to do!

Comment

see? that is where my interest stopped. when I learned there was geometry to be done, I was over it. I guess for Nellie her breaking point is heavy lifting, for me, it's math.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree
                      -----------> :wildthing <-------------
                      ....................^
                      .....................!
                      .....................!
                      .....................!

Right about there, I would say. Although sometimes it's been known to move outside the bedroom.

Comment

:> :>

Comment

Originally posted by monkey7247
                          Originally posted by Tree
                          -----------> :wildthing <-------------
                          ....................^
                          .....................!
                          .....................!
                          .....................!

Right about there, I would say. Although sometimes it's been known to move outside the bedroom.
                          thanks Russ. more than I wanted to know, really.

Comment

Although sometimes it's been known to move outside the bedroom.
                            Yeah, sometime after the time the youngest leaves for college

Comment

Working...
                            X