Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Painting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:flowers thanks Luanne. you're sweet.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to have someone do the painting? So far, I've always done the painting and I'm sick of it. As a matter of fact, I have to finish painting our hallway some time this week. I've thought about hiring someone but it seems so expensive.

Thanks!

-Melanie

Comment

It really depends on where you live, who you hire, what you want them to do, if they're buying the paint, etc. I hired a friend of a neighbor to do the kitchen / 1/2 bath, and it only cost $205 (paint included). People I know who live in more metropolitan areas have said they would not have been able to get the job done for much under $1K.

The stuff we're having done now I hired a different neighbor for. He's a school psychologist and does this on his breaks. He's charging me $500 to $600 for all of the work I described, and that includes the 2 story foyer, & our bedroom with the vaulted ceilings (stuff I can't get to). In this situation though, I'm buying the paint (roughly $300 worth b/c I've learned it's worth it to buy the good stuff). The combined areas for this paint job are about 2000 sq ft, and a lot of it is very tall. Plus, the guy is a friend, and does it off the books -- so it's cheaper.

I was pleasantly surprised by how reasonable the prices were. Ask around for referrals ... You pretty much need to find someone who does it on the side - the larger companies have taxes and employees to deal with.

Comment

painting is done. house is almost reassembled. pictures will be posted soon (I'll try to be sure there are some kids creatively placed ... that always assures the pictures are a hit.)

thank you for all of your assistance during the trying paint-selection process.

Comment

a few pictures. please ignore all the junk on the dining room table, and the bench (okay, you can't actually see the bench b/c of all of dh's crap on it ..)

so in the first pic you can see from the kitchen into the LR and DR

next is LR straight on

this is Quinn in the foyer

this is entry to master bedroom - the hallway was painted the same as LR. this is my only complaint - I never realized how bad the lighting was in the upstairs hallway ... it now seems very dark.

master bedroom

and Quinn on my bed (Jacob was being ornery). the door behind him is to the master bathroom, which was not clean enough to be photographed.

Comment

Beautiful!! I LOVE the color in your bedroom!!!
              And how cute is Quinn?!?! I could just hug him!

Comment

Looks great! I don't think the hallway looks too dark.

Quinn should be in Hollywood, what a ham!
                Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Love it, love it. Hallway is not too dark, IMO.

Please give your kiddo a sweet pinch on the cheek for me.

Comment

That turned out great!
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Nice!!
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

thank you guys!

p.s. that is quinn upside down on the chair, and i didn't even notice he was doing it until I uploaded the picture.

Comment

What a beautiful home! I love the colors!!

Comment

Working...
                          X