Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm a dead woman...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a dead woman...

Things are sooo quiet here with 3 of my 5 away at camp...and so..*gulp* I decided to paint my house No laughing please.

I went and bought a gallon and started with the smallest bathroom possible (unfortunately it is on the main level in the entry way from the garage...and now I can't get Aidan to stop "helping" and Zoe to nap for me...and the room is only 1/2 painted.

Thomas will be home in about an hour and a half....

He's going to kill me!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Maybe he'll help!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug

tell him it was zoe"s idea
      Just had this great image of Kris shoving the brush into Zoe's little hands, running to greet Thomas and acting surprised about the bathroom walls.

Comment

Originally posted by jfinma
        Originally posted by ladybug

tell him it was zoe"s idea
        Just had this great image of Kris shoving the brush into Zoe's little hands, running to greet Thomas and acting surprised about the bathroom walls.

Comment

So.....what does he think of Zoe's paint job?

Comment

I remember the last painting fiasco ....

Poor Zoe!

Comment

Poor Zoe!
              Me too!!!!!!!!!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123

Poor Zoe!
                Me too!!!!!!!!!

I do too....now that I got started on a new painting fiasco. I never learn, do I?

Well, Aidan fell asleep on the sofa, Zoe decided to sit in her little bouncy seat and look at me and I somehow managed to finish the bathroom 5 minutes before dh got home. I got the paintbrushes cleaned and then raced through the living room/kitchen throwing toys back into the toybox and cleaning the rest of the kitchen as fast as possible. I was in such a hurry that I threw away the playdough containers and just wrapped the entire chunk of playdough in aluminum foil. Funny thing? It ended up in the fridge!

DH walked in the door and I thought I was 'safe'...He remembers my painting fiascos all too well and warned me that I was not allowed to paint our new house...but I just couldn't help myself.

He probaby wouldn't have known right off the bat if Aidan hadn't 'helped' me by painting part of the wall in the laundry room/garage entry. I had gotten a brush for Aidan that I finally had to take away after he started painting the toilet, sink and wood. FYI ... 2 year olds aren't good wall painters...

"What..is this?" he said...sort of concerned.

"What is what?" "Oh ..THAT...it's...umm...paint. Aidan did it" (pass the buck!)

"Where did Aidan get the paint?"

"From me"

Then it dawned on him....and he got a sort of OMG what has she ruined look on his face.

I showed him the bathroom and he loved it....it took him a minute but he relented and finally said "ok, ok..it looks good...but promise me you won't paint anything else"

"ummm, yes dear" :>

kris

Comment

You had your fingers crossed behind your back, right? :>

I'm glad he liked it.

Comment

I'm the same way - I can't keep from painting something!
                    I'm glad it worked out!!!!

Comment

You don't have any floors you can rip up in this place, do you?

You should come down here. Any and all home remodelling is welcome - including mass demolition. We have a bit of a problem keeping things the same.
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Good story, Kris!!! It's funny how we think they'll notice paint just by the look on your face (and they DO!), but a new haircut or shoes--NOPE!
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

DH actually got online and read this thread. His response to me this evening when he walked through the door?

"At least your members remember all of the fiascos, so they are on my side"

Oh, yes dear...they're on YOUR side

Hi honey!

kris

Comment

Oh, that is the funniest thing I have read all day.

Comment

You are too much, Kris!

Comment

Working...
                              X