Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

some paint choices for the new house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some paint choices for the new house

Here's the paint brand we are using for most of our house.

http://www.devinecolor.com

The colors aren't nearly as pretty online as they are in a paint store...or of course on a wall, but you get the idea.

Picture dark espresso destressed hardwoods with an eased edge on the main floor and white trim through out. The doors are white -- a simple five pannel with oil rubbed bronze doorknobs and hinges. The carpet is mostly neutral except DS has a cool small stripe and so does the playroom.

Some colors we have chosen:
    Sweet and Hot Beans:
    Bananas and Beans -- playroom
    Devine Berrys and Beans -- DD room

Woven Tattles and Spun Tales:
    Devine Denim for DS -- above his chair rail (below his chair rail is a Benjamin Moore paint -- it looks like a fall pumpkin -- NOT bright but in the orange family

Pebbles and Creams:
    Devine Stone -- lots of the basement

Pacific Trail Mix:
    Devine Date -- kitchen and great room
    Devine Ginseng -- Master bathroom and closet

Espresso Blends:
    Devine Bavarian -- master bedroom below crown molding (not ceiling) (the ceiling color is in the pieces of paradise grouping -- Devine Agave)
    Devine Medallion -- dining room

Desert lights:
    Devine Mesa -- powder room on main floor

So here are some of our choices. I really LIKE color but "neutral" color or basically NOTHING bright....just my taste.

It's been SO FUN making all of these decisions and yes I did have help!!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

That is a nice way to take a little of the Pacific NW with you. I really like their colors. A paint store near our house sells them along with the samples. I'm always tempted to grab a few and put them up on the wall...

I think her colors are good for the natural lighting around here (esp winter) and imagine it would be the same for you. Sounds great!

Comment

I didn't realize they were a company out of Portland.

The colors are great! I don't think the clumps that they have on their website do justice to the way they look in actual samples. Was that too harsh?

Good choices!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I love, love, love their color palette! I'd never heard of them! I must get some swatches so I can FINALLY choose a basement color!

Thanks Flynn! Enjoy your house!

Comment

How much fun - glad you got some help, I would need it too!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Jenn, I can pick some up and mail them if you like.

But I don't know about mailing a gallon or two.

Comment

yes please -- if it's relatively handy (with 2 kids and an MIL?). I'll look to identify some of my faves and PM you.

Comment

OMG, are you kidding? It is a BREAK from my MIL and has nothing to do with her. Therapeutic. My kids like the paint store. It's genetic.

Comment

Working...
                X