Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What cha working on? Fiddlegirl, Michele, Bueler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cha working on? Fiddlegirl, Michele, Bueler?

Ok so I have like um to many sewing projects going on. One is for a very good friend who had her baby a few months ago. I want to get it done before I see her this summer. My sister is pregnant, (VERY exciting as it's her first and she's waited for quite a while before they decided to jump into parenthood), so I may very soon have nursery projects on my hand too.

Michele and Fiddlegirl in particular I was thinking of you two, and wondered what you are working on. Fiddlegirl how did your sewing project go that you were working on?

edited name OOPS

Re: What cha working on? Fiddlefit, Michele, Bueler?

I am currently working on some textile anthology projects for DH best friend and his wife's one year anniversary. I am using some Amy Butler fabric for these. Also some mixed media canvases.

Comment

I started my first quilt a while back (Christmas colors - red/rose/sage/mint). I deviated from the pattern because I wanted mitered corners on the border. Unfortunately, I didn't know exactly what I was doing so got stuck. I'll have to pick it back up again in July after we've moved.

Comment

What am I doing? Cooking this baby, choking food down, trying to find time to sleep, and working overtime (ok so anything >20h/wk is overtime to me).

Ohh.....you meant craft wise?? I'm working on a latch board like I saw at FiddleGirl's house. It's two pieces of wood connected side-by-side with hinges, and then on the other side it has 3 types of latches so Daegan can work on fine motor skills and cause he really likes to figure things out.

I recently sewed a ringsling to be used as a loaner for my BWing group.

I'm also sewing a drill bit sleeve for work because the current system of a bunch of drill bits in a box isn't working for me!

I do want to sew some stuff for the new baby, but I think I might wait to find out if were having a girl or a boy.

Oh, and FiddleGirl's skirt for her DD came out TOO CUTE!
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Okay, so Michele is EXTREMELY kind I made so many mistakes on that skirt but learned alot. I just finished a pillowcase-like dress for her, and I feel like I am improving. Will try and post pics when I get a chance.

Doing easy projects to get comfortable with my machine. Next up....a little apron for her birthday for her play kitchen.Oh, I got some really cute oilcloth to make her a smock for art projects (from same pattern as apron). Because I'm such a beginner, each project seems to take me forever! But I'm having fun...nice to have something to work on when DH is on call or on night weeks.

Comment

Re: What cha working on? Fiddlegirl, Michele, Bueler?

Here are the projects I've been working on these last few months. The seam ripper has been my best friend.

Comment

Working...
            X