Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Color_Me_Sulky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color_Me_Sulky

I just saw your post about the frenchie bag that you made (love it!) and....DD's crib bedding is made out of the same mum/striped fabrics. I *heart* Heather Bailey.

Re: Color_Me_Sulky

Oh - that is FANTASTIC Erica! I'm trying to be brave enough for mixing / matching like you did with the bumper/skirt. I'm at such a loss in the world of girl ...

Comment

I love the fabric in the embroidery hoops! What a great idea!
      Kris

Comment

I wish I could take credit for the embroidery hoop idea, but I first saw it done on Purl Soho's blog. Inexpensive wall art!

Comment

Still - soooo cute. I can't wait to try it out!
          Kris

Comment

Oh that turned out so cute! I love the hoops, what a great idea! That peach is awesome on the wall! I'd post my daughters room, but... like many things around here it's not exactly finished. Heather Bailey has super fun stuff! I can't wait to see the new line!

And Jenn, that fabric was all together in a line. For instance the line was called Fresh Cut, pastel. So in that line there are anywhere from 5-10 different patterns all color coordinating. That way you don't have to go find fabrics to go with it. I'll tell you one thing about fabrics is sometimes you have to buy w/in the line to get a perfect match of the colors used. There have been many times where I've about killed myself matching a brown. I have found browns, blacks, reds and greens especially hard to make a perfect match. Not that things have be perfect, but sometimes when you really want it, you can't get it Anyway just a tid bit

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
              That is the cutest little baby crib I think I've ever seen!
              I agree! That's stunning.
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I LOVE this!

I haven't done much with Evie's bedding and plan to wait until her post-crib bed. I wish I had seen this before I picked out Anna's stuff!

Erica, did you sew that yourself or find someone to make it? Is it hard to find people to sew things like that?

Comment

I think Erica mentioned before that she found someone on Etsy to make the crib set. I know a little Indian woman who sews for cheap!

Comment

I am not kidding about my offer to keep your MIL busy.

Comment

Oh - and back to Erica ....

EVERY single picture you post looks professionally taken. That pic could be in Martha Stewart Living. Are you still using the Rebel? What lens to you use? Do you use auto focus or manual??

You obviously have adorable subjects, but also have quite a talent.

Comment

Thanks Jenn....but I was just thinking that picture looks terrible. It was a little dark in the room so the colors are off....the wall color is a lighter peachy pink. I'm still using the 50mm & Rebel (and sometimes adjust curves or whatever using photoshop), but the photographer who turned me on to the Rebel was here a few days ago and recommended a Tamron wide angle lens.....28-74 mm (or something like that....my brain is toast these days). Sharper pics and better contrast, but it's around $350, so I'll stick with my 50mm for now.

Nellie, I found a woman on Etsy to make the bedding. She charged 1/2 as much as a local shop quoted. You can also find someone using Etsy's Alchemy feature....you post what you want to have made and how much you're willing to pay and Etsy members can place bids. Alchemy is FABULOUS!!!!

Comment

Oh.....you made my day Erica!!!! I'm looking for a mirror with a china mosaic border. I've been looking on etsy, not finding exactly what I want, and wondering how to ask someone to make something custom.

:wee: Thank you!!

Comment

When I first saw your picture, I thought I was looking at a picture from a magazine that you had linked in your post...I didn't realize that was your work! So cute! Just curious...what kind of window treatment do you have in that room?

Comment

I just made valances out of the same fabric as the crib bedding. I can't sew very well and they came out crooked, so I'll probably replace them with something else eventually.

You can sort of see them in this photo....

Comment

Working...
                              X