Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Makai / Erica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Makai / Erica

I ordered enough for both . Not to worry, it will be good to leave MIL w/a stock of 'approved' fabrics. I could have her make diaper bags, purses ..... heck ... I could start taking orders and selling them. It will be like my very own sweatshop.

Comment

I was going to say that you could sell her stuff on Etsy and just not mention it to her.

I think the paisley does look washed out a bit next to the coriander. I love the colors in the other fabric, too. You can match the light pink that's in the second fabric and paint the walls that color....it would be more subtle than a blue.

Comment

I actually really love blue and have no problem with painting the walls the right shade of blue. Lavender was a total "girl compromise" in my brain, b/c I have an adverse reaction to pink except in small doses.

Comment

You are cracking me up Jen! Just make sure to spell out all the rules about adornments and notions. No lace, no unapproved buttons or ribbons, no eyelet (spelling?), no _______. Girl stuff can turn tacky really fast when you start adding the lace.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
            You are cracking me up Jen! Just make sure to spell out all the rules about adornments and notions. No lace, no unapproved buttons or ribbons, no eyelet (spelling?), no _______. Girl stuff can turn tacky really fast when you start adding the lace.
            I know. No additional crap. No random embroidery, either (she has one of those machines and is prone to just put a big ol' clown on it or something). I've got to buy the ribbons to tie the bumper on with. She's only allowed to buy the fill, or the plain white piece of fabric that goes under the mattress.

I just ordered the french wallpaper/duck egg for the bumper. I'll use the corriander for the skirt.

Now. I. MUST. slow down. Thank God dh doesn't look at our checking account.

Comment

Figures. The one place I found that claimed to have it in stock emailed me today and said it's out of stock.

What do you think the chances are of compatible colors between Amy Butler lines? I don't really like any of the other prints in this line -- the olive colors are too harsh for me, and I'm concerned about the stripes just looking totally random. I found

which will not be a match, but is in the same color family (and is an Amy Butler print).

or this

or this

or this

any thoughts??

Comment

I like the first and fourth. I think the olive looking one (third?) is really cool but might look too much like the coriander. These stripes seem similar to the other stripes? I like that too.

Comment

Jenn some of her colors are compatible between lines, but honestly most aren't, unless you like that eclectic kind of look. I've tried and have found few that I personally really liked to mix and match with. I like the first print, the stripe is a totally different hue IMO, more muted and on screen looks like a sort of match, but then things always look different together. Hey order it and make MIL make a quilt out of what doesn't work (quilts always can be mixed up).

Comment

Davita managed to find someone on ebay that has the french wallpaper one in stock. Her site only showed 1 yard in stock, but on Davita's suggestion I emailed her and she's got 2 (the pattern calls for 1 3/4). So I'm back to that one.

This will be my 4th fabric order in about 1.5 weeks .... so I think I need to slow down.

Comment

I'm sure you can stop whenever you want.

Comment

Ahhhhh ... the french wallpaper/duck egg arrived today and is it FABULOUS! Seeing the two fabrics side by side I am now SOOOOO excited to see the finished product. It will look super-cool!! Now to choose a paint color .....

Comment

very cute! Can't wait to see the finished room! post photos!
                          Needs

Comment

I'm glad you're happy with the fabric. This little girl's nursery is going to rock! I can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Comment

Working...
                            X