Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

has anyone used iLife/iRemember for Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone used iLife/iRemember for Mac?

I have been dragging my feet with both digital scrapbooking and switching over to the Mac laptop (which DH handed down to me after he got himself a PC laptop that would actually work with his hospital-related programs). :badday:

DH is going through pictures today, and he said he really thinks I should try digital scrapbooking on the Mac. It's too hard to get 3D scrapbooking done with the kids around, and I admit I'd be more likely to get it done on the laptop.

Has anyone here done any digital scrapbooking? I'm thinking of buying Apple's iRemember software. DH said he'd buy a printer that could do 12x12, if I decide to do this.

Any tips on digital scrapbooking at all would be great, since I've never even considered it before.

Re: has anyone used iLife/iRemember for Mac?

I can't speak to the iRemember, I do use the iLife almost daily. I LOVE iPhoto and iMovie for posting to Adele's blog. I am using the iPhoto calendar application to order calendars for family for Christmas gifts.

I'm not a big scrapbooker but digital scrapbooking has always been intriguing to me. Have you thought about downloading the iRemember trial and just playing with it for a while?
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We made an iBook for the grandparents after we took a family vacation together. It was through iPhoto. It was unbelievably simple and was mailed to our door quickly. I'd have to say the quality was not as "crafty" as you'd get with a real scrapbook. Picture quality was good. Layout options abound. Very little in terms of "decoration" though. It's a lot better than having the photos unprinted or in boxes in the closet.

I haven't tried iRemember but I'm eager to read your review. I'd imagine it is tailored more to a scrapper than iPhoto.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Apparently Mac has a newer scrapbooking software called iScrapbook. I downloaded the trial version and wasn't thrilled with it.

So I posted on a scrapbooking message board, and everyone there suggested Photoshop. So then I downloaded Photoshop Elements' trial version, plus some freebie scrapbook "kits" for use in Photoshop. From there, it took me about an hour to figure out Photoshop and create my very first digital scrapbook page:

This is probably what I'll use to get my photos organized, journaled, and printed into books - just to get it done finally!

Comment

Super cute!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
          X