Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Toddler Craft Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler Craft Ideas

Any suggestions for a toddler craft idea I can do with Oliver (2 1/2) as a Christmas gift he can make for Amy & Geno? I really want to "help" him make something for them.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Finger painting?

I'm planning on using A's paintings to wrap the IL's gifts.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

BabyK loves feet painting. They do it at day care. They put paint on his feet, let him squish it between his toes and stomp on a paper. They also make cute pictures with fingerprints, handprints, and footprints.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

They sell kits at Michaels for keepsake crafts. He can help make a stone for a walking path with his handprints or footprints. He could color on a mug or a plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

http://www.milestonesproducts.com/Ma...KitsIndex.html

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Stickers! And glue. I cut out a Christmas tree shape and glued it to another paper and let them decorate it with stickers. I figure it's good for their fine motor skills to peel the backing off of stickers. And they just like sticking them.

I also cut up pictures from magazines and give them glue sticks and let then make collages.

D doesn't like to get his hands dirty so finger painting has been a fail. Maybe I'll try again now that K is old enough.

Target has mini crafts that were really easy for the boys to do. I found them on an endcap. There were penguin doorknob hangers, reindeer ornaments, stuff to put pictures in. It was all just sticker-type assembly. I helped peel the backings from the small pieces and guided them with appropriate placement ("where are your eyes? So where do the penguins eyes go? What about scarves?" Etc). It looks homemade bc they aren't perfect but it's obviously a kit. It'd at least be a good cheap practice for following directions/making something cohesive.

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oh and they love to paint with paint brushes! You could draw a picture and let him paint it in. He's too young to really be in the lines, but he should be starting to be able to concentrate his paint in certain areas. Instead of just scribbling.

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Get a plain cloth apron or tote bag and press his hand prints on it with fabric paint. Mommy will love it.
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

One year I made a tracing of his foot on brown felt (face) and traced both hands (antlers) on tan felt. Add 2 googley eyes and a red pompom and voila - Rudolph.
                  Kris

Comment

Get a plain cloth apron or tote bag and press his hand prints on it with fabric paint. Mommy will love it.
                    We made the tote bag and she loved it! We also made one for his other grandmother.
                    Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm glad it was a hit.

I love mine so much that I don't use it and it sits in a closet.
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Amy has declared it their Library Tote Bag!!!
                        Luanne

Comment

Working...
                        X