Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Any Knitters and/or Spinners among us???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Knitters and/or Spinners among us???

Anyone want to share recent FO's?

What's an FO?

I just learned to crochet. I made a couple I stuffed toys and a few hats.

I'm working on wristlets right now.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

FO is "finished object". I think most of us here that knit/crochet/etc. are on ravelry. Assuming you are, too, post or PM your rav name, and I'll friend you. I just finished a HUGE log cabin throw for a friend using super-bulky yarn and size 13 needles...and then started last year's advent scarf with laceweight yarn on size 3s. I needed a change. I got 4 days in, and THEN bought myself some beads, and tried them on the spacer section between days 4 and 5..and decided I have to redo the rest so I can have beads throughout. Haven't ripped it back yet; maybe tonight.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I don't know how, but very much want to learn to knit. I don't know where to start. Books with pictures and written instructions don't do it for me. Any suggestions?
        Needs

Comment

There are a ton of you tube videos out there....I use them when I'm trying to figure out what crochet stitch it's saying.

Or you could join Ravelry and try to find one of their meet ups and beg someone there to teach you! The local group offers knitting lessons here.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Ah, okay! On ravelry I have the same username as I have on here: hollyday.

Phoebe- I taught myself to knit 4 or 5 years ago using online tutorials and youtube videos. It was really confusing at first, but once you get over that initial learning curve it's really easy.

Comment

Just learned to knit myself! Just working on my first project which is a scarf for my husband. Like hollyday I taught myself with online videos. I've never heard of ravalry, I will check it out!!
              High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

Ravelry is amazing, MrsPotts. It's a treasure trove of patterns. I have not posted much on there in terms of pics of my finished projects, but most of the things I knit come from Ravelry patterns. The knitting magazines that have patterns in them always seem to have frumpy clothes in there to me. Ravelry's patterns are searchable by yarn weight, number of yards of yarn needed, gender, size, etc., so very convenient. They also have forums, but I haven't been on those much.

Comment

hollyday - signed up!! Haven't had a chance to explore - but I'm excited about this!! Thanks!!!
                  High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

I'm on there, but don't know how to use it. I'm v-girl74. Find me. Friend me. I don't know how to find anyone.
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Hollyday, I just added you and invited you to the medspouse group on Ravelry (it's super quiet, but that's why we have iMSN).

I knit, I spin on spindles, and I spin on a Fricke double-treadle Scotch tension wheel as well as an antique single-treadle double-drive Canadian Production Wheel (CPW). I used to crochet and have been eyeing my hooks thoughtfully in the past few days -- I might do a Rav search for crochet patterns now that I'm back on the internet.

I'm currently spindle spinning some 4-ply Romney (with a little BFL) for mittens for my son, I have a few other idle spindle projects, I'm spinning the last ounce out of a 4-oz braid of Shetland/silk on the CPW, plying BFL/silk on the Fricke, knitting a Butternut scarf out of handspun alpaca/merino/silk for my mom, knitting socks out of cashmere/merino/nylon for my husband, knitting an Alice Starmore Aran sweater for my son, and knitting an EZ/Meg Swansen simple bottom-up raglan sweater for my daughter. I'd like the last four projects to be done for Christmas, so...yeah.
                      Alison

Comment

Working...
                      X