Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Toddler Busy Bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler Busy Bags?

One of my moms' groups is talking about doing a busy bag exchange. Each of us would be responsible for making 10 or 12 duplicate toddler-friendly activities (the same project 10 times) and then exchange with the other moms. The objective would be for each mom to take home 10 or 12 different "busy bags" for their child. The children can play with their busy bags while traveling, waiting, in resturants, etc.

Each project has to be (1) reusable and no mess (not fingerpaints, for instance), (2) small enough to fit in a gallon-sized zipper bag or pencil case, (3) inexpensive to make, and (4) relatively simple to make so the moms aren't frustrated when they have to make a dozen.

Have any of you done this? Can you share project ideas? And would any iMSN members be interested in doing this?
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I carry a small bag of toys in my van that include a few windup toys, hot wheels, stackable cups, crayons, a plastic marble maze, and a coloring book. The key is to only pull this bag o' goodies out when you need it to keep everything novel and new.

I also freely admit that I carry suckers and the Ipad when I really need the toddler occupied while I do something that requires my focused attention for a prolonged period of time.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'd be interested in hearing ideas because I can't think of anything that would occupy my toddler for longer than 5-10 minutes (other than "screen time").

I've seen books and magazines at BN that list various activities but many seem either too involved or have swallowable parts.

Comment

I'm thinking stuff like lacing cards, felt boards, puzzles, matching cards...

And, yes, like Kelly said, you'd have to keep the bags in rotation and pull them out infrequently so they maintain their novelty.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Do a search on moneysavingmom.com. She has a TON of busy bag ideas.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

I participated in this long distance with a friend's group. Some of them are great, others not so much. I did one where I glued a photo onto popsicles that they could then put together like a puzzle.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
            X