Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cricut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricut

Does anyone have a Cricut? I'm not super crafty, but I'm tempted to buy one for fun. What should I know before I do? Is it worth the $200 price? Which of the add-on items do I need? I'm starting with no knowledge, so anything is helpful!

I want one too eventually. I think there is another brand that doesn't limit you to cartridges though. Sounds way more appealing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I thought you could just link it to your computer and print the designs you create? Is that not the case? Do you have to buy separate cartridges for each font/graphic?

Comment

My sister has a Silhouette. She loves it! She can use images from pics online. I don't know much more about it, except that she really loves it!!

On my FB, the Mickey Mouse shirts, the Team Turtle Power shirts from the color run, and the Beyond the Boobs shirts were all made with her machine. She designed the graphics and lettering in the program and then cut it out. She makes vinyl to stick on everything....inspirational quotes on picture frames, sayings on decorative plates, custom car decals....party decorations and favors....everything.
        Last edited by Michele; 05-31-2015, 02:00 PM.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Silhouette--that's it! I'm pretty sure cricut is limited to cartridges. Expensive cartridges, too. I vaguely remember something about there being software you could hack it with, but cricut sued them and now it's gone? Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Ooh, I'll have to check out Silhouette. I definitely don't want to be tied to buying more cartridges every time a new project idea comes up. [MENTION=810]Michele[/MENTION], the kind of stuff your sister does with it is exactly what I'd like to do. I want to put some decals on DS1's water bottles and lunch boxes, shirts, pillows, etc.

Comment

Yep. My cousin has been "hiring" my sister to personalize crap for her. She thinks my sis should start a side job. Ha ha ha! As if being an elem teacher and mom to a 5 and 3 yo isn't enough!
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

[MENTION=1924]OrionGrad[/MENTION], did you ever get one? It sounds like Cricut has a new one that doesn't limit you to cartridges called the Cricut Explore, but I still want the Silhouette Cameo.

Comment

[MENTION=1889]SoonerTexan[/MENTION]: Nope, but a bunch of projects have come up recently making me wish I had one. I'll have to check out this new one. I was really turned off before when I found out about the cartridge thing.

Comment

My cameo arrives today! I don't even know what I want to make except for jars similar to this for my laundry niche:

http://tdadecoratinganddesign.blogsp...-tutorial.html

My brother is getting married in a year and I told his fiancee to look for stuff she might want me to make. I'd like to make her some "From the kitchen of" etched glass casserole dishes for her shower too.

I'm sure I'll go nuts for fall and Christmas, though.

I sort of feel guilty...I sold my fitbit and a Le Creuset pan I never use to buy it, but I still wiped out our Chase Amazon points...I confessed to DH yesterday

Comment

Your nesting will involve much fancy labeling! Ha! Beats scrubbing the baseboards.
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Nesting weekend is this weekend! (Kids will be out of my hair)

I'm hoping to:

Go to a kids consignment sale
                        Put up kitchen backsplash and ceiling tiles (glue up, so I promise I'm not too crazy)
                        Fix my sad kitchen curtains
                        Make two shelves for my laundry niche
                        Touch up all the paint that my kids have destroyed with grease stains/coloring in the past 2 years.

Comment

Overachiever. I'm just hoping for a nap this weekend!
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

My first glass etching project--pie plate for my mother in laws birthday. She's big on baking. It's a little off center with a few little mistakes but overall I'm pleased...wow did it take awhile though. I had to cut it out 3 different times. I realized I am A bit spatially challenged!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks great! Keeping posting pictures of your projects. Hopefully it will inspire me to finally buy one. 😉

Comment

Working...
                              X