Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I weighed myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I weighed myself...

and I have gained 8 pounds this winter.
    :thud:

Anyone else brave enough to weigh in now that we're over halfway through winter?
    married to an anesthesia attending

I've gained about that too but I have two excuses:

- Fertility drugs will do that to you!
    - This is my "Winter weight" so as soon as spring comes and I'm able to walk the dog again more regularly I'll be fine!

(Positive thinking!)
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I lost over 30 pounds this winter!

I'd like to lose another 10 or so by early summer.

Comment

If you count starting at the week before Thanksgiving to account for holidays, I have lost 12.5 pounds. Not as much as I would have liked, but still good.

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Inspire me?!

I don't have any excuses...

I've lived here for 6 winters, gain about 8 pounds/winter and lose some over the course of the year. But in the end, I'd say I have gained a good 40 pounds since living out here.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            I lost over 30 pounds this winter!

Comment

lost over 30 pounds this winter!

My husband, who gains pregnancy sympathy weight, always gets ticked off that I can loose about 30 pounds in two weeks right after delivery.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I've stayed about the same through the holidays....which is good in and of itself. I'm hoping to lose 5 by the end of April....I know it's a small goal, but I'm really not good at dieting! Or lifestyle changing....I rather like lots of food!!
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I was worried about my weight, but my physician says that my weight is ok to try to get pregnant. I know, aranoid: . I want to be healthy, but is it ok, as an overweight person to watch one's weight during pregnancy?

Comment

Wow, Heidi- you have lost 57 lbs!!! That is most impressive. You should submit your story to Fitness or Shape, or one of those mags, and tell them your weight loss story. I love reading the weight loss stories- they are inspiring. I don't need to lose weight, but the stories inspire me to do other things in my life that need improving. I always think that if some gal in the magazine can lose X lbs then I can certainly volunteer each week. Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                      I was worried about my weight, but my physician says that my weight is ok to try to get pregnant. I know, aranoid: . I want to be healthy, but is it ok, as an overweight person to watch one's weight during pregnancy?
                      As long as you eat healthy you're fine. You certainly can't diet during pregnancy, but you don't actually have to "eat for two". Also, overweight people (I don't know how overweight you actually are though) don't tend to gain as much weight as average-sized people during pregnancy. I guess we don't need to pack on as much to accomodate the extra blood flow, etc.

Comment

I'm about 30 pounds overweight. I guess I should take it like a wo(man) and say that I'm obese. But why does my doctor not say, "whoa, you need to lose some weight!" then?

Comment

Good doctor!

I think that you are told to gain less.....like 15 pounds instead of 20. Just be happy you don't have a doctor that's harping on it. After all, you already know.

I've lost 3 pounds. That's pretty slow....but I suppose it's better than gaining over the holidays. I'm still hoping to lose 10-20 more before next year. I might have to *gasp* recommit to this diet thing. :>
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

30 pounds on a 5' frame is a huge amount though! I will try to lose some of it before we try for kids, but it's more for me to feel better about my body and feel healthier than anything else... Big sigh.

Comment

I was doing really well until we had our 30-day party extragavanza of eating out nearly every day.

But, back on the band-wagon today.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X