Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ugh, baby fat!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugh, baby fat!!!!

Are you breastfeeding? That is a huge help for burning calories.

I think for the first month or two you are still getting your bearings and much attention to weight loss is just going to be a frustration.

I'm trying to walk a few times a week, that seems to help.

Give yourself some time -- it took 9 months to put on the weight.

Christine,

Give yourself some time and cut yourself a break - as pp said, it took you 9 months to put on that weight!

For me, breastfeeding was a HUGE help. Also, when DS turned 6 weeks old and I got the ok from my OB, I started exercising. I walked for 30 minutes a day (we have a treadmill in our basement, which is super convenient), and gradually worked my way up to running 2 miles a day. On top of that, I walk 1-2 miles with the dog and pushing the stroller every day. I still keep this up not really for the weight-loss anymore, just because it makes me feel good.

I found that trying to cut calories or restricting my diet just didn't work for me, in the beginning I was constantly starving because I was burning so many calories breastfeeding. Exercise was the key for me.

Good luck, you can do it!!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Breastfeeding really helped me lose the weight. At least I haven't done anything like cutting calories or working out so far. I'm down to pre-pregnancy weight but I have definitely stalled. I would like to lose about 15 more pounds. I walk with Daegan once a week at least....I try to do more. I've walked the malls when it was too cold and rainy. I wear him when I walk and so I think I burn more calories. I just started doing a pilates/yoga video again. And I'm trying to cut calories....I really hate cutting calories....I really love food and being denied just makes it worse!

The hardest thing for me right now is my new figure. It dresses very different than my pre-preg one. Even though I'm back at a weight I was at for over a year, I still can't wear most of my clothes. It's really frustrating!!! Once I start a 'real job' I'm going to splurge on a new wardrobe.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I still haven't figured it out ... sorry I can't be a success story. My plan for the new year was to walk more (bought a handy podometer) and snack less. So far, it hasn't worked out that way. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
          The hardest thing for me right now is my new figure. It dresses very different than my pre-preg one. Even though I'm back at a weight I was at for over a year, I still can't wear most of my clothes. It's really frustrating!!! Once I start a 'real job' I'm going to splurge on a new wardrobe.
          Once you've been lived in, you're never the same. (I think that originated from someone on this site. I heard it from SueC -- but she DOES look the same).

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
            Originally posted by Michele
            Once you've been lived in, you're never the same. (I think that originated from someone on this site. I heard it from SueC -- but she DOES look the same).
            I like that!!! It's going to be my new excuse/motto when buying new clothes!!!!
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

See, but looking "lived in" is kinda a compliment when it comes to houses ... people, not so much. *wail*

Comment

It doesn't even mean *looking* lived in. Lots of people lose it all - and more - it just never goes back where you left it!

Comment

I'm getting my boobs done too (lift +/- reduction)! No shame here!
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                  X