Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stalling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalling?

So...last week I lost a whopping 6 pounds by basically returning to a healthy and normal eating pattern. I refuse to do any diets anymore so I have forced myself to eat a *normal* portion of whatever I'm serving at each meal and to snack on carrot sticks, a 100 calorie pack of popcorn or a single serving of cereal during the day...with no snacking after dinner.

It was a great success last week.

This week, I'm doing the exact same thing and I'm up a pound this morning and haven't lost a blasted ounce all week.

I'm in it for the long haul...and I've been trying to add exercise (walking as much as I am able and sit ups) to hte routine....I just feel discouraged even though I know that my weight loss last week was out of the bounds of "normal"....

It could just be that I had some water loss and now it's turning into fat loss....at least I keep telling myself that.

How do you guys hand tough when the scale isn't moving?

It's a bit early in the "lose weight" cycle for me not to lose anything. I'm definitely not going over on my calories and I had success last week....

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I know it is hard but have you tried to weigh yourself only once a week?

I never seem to lose 1/2 a pound at a time. It's nothing for a while and then *boom* 2 pounds. Maybe it is my crappy scale. I don't think that I really lose 2 pounds in the matter of a day or two it just seems like it takes a while to show up.

Comment

I'm kindof a geek, but I have a tracking program on my palmpilot that I enter my weight into every day...it tracks the *overall trend*, and it has a nifty thing built in that shows a lagging trend...so when you're up a bit from the day before, you can look at the chart and see that your *trend* is still down from where you started.

That might be a better way to look at it. A little less discouraging, maybe..
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

GD Kris...

I told you to get rid of the F-ing scale. I'm serious.

I lost three pounds the first week, one pound the second and none the third since I rejoined the gym. I work out five days a week for one hour or more. I eat 1500 calories a day (average).

the point of this- my clothes are getting looser, I have significantly more muslce definition in my arms and legs. Does the scale reflect this? Nope.

and in all honesty, numerous studies have been done that have demonstrated over and over again that 'just' reducing calories or 'just' increasing exercise isn't enough- it takes both, it takes time and it takes dedication and effort. It took you 12 years and five kids to put that weight on Kris...give yourself a year of reduced intake and increased exercise- in a year, you can complain all you want.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
          GD Kris...

I told you to get rid of the F-ing scale. I'm serious.
          oooh..your tough love turns me on. :>

I can't get rid of the scale...it NEEDS me!

My clothes are getting looser too and my arms have lost a lot as well....
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
          X