Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

13 days and I really want to reach my goal!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 days and I really want to reach my goal!!!

So our anniversary is in 13 days and we're leaving to Vegas for a short get away. I REALLY want to get myself in the 130's before we leave. Right now I'm at 145. 6 pounds in 13 days seems impossible (at least going the natural healthy route) now.

My final weight goal would be 130, but to even get into the 130's would be the momentum I need to stay focused and motivated. I can't remember the last time I was in the 130's! I really struggle with the eating aspect. I love food too much and especially sweets. igout:

Now that I've got this out there, I'm motivated to go hit the treadmill! :exercise:
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Keep going- it's doable- won't be fun but if you decrease the calories but not lower than 1200-1400 per day and really increase the exercise- both aerobic and anaerobic you should be able to drop your six.

Supplement your treadmill routine with pushups (from the knees), some tricep dips (use your front steps if you have them or your couch- put your feet about a foot and a half in front of the step/couch and then lower yourself down. keep your elbows facing the back and make sure your shoulders aren't hunched up around your ears. An easy yoga move (as in the position is easy to attain...) stand with your knees bent- not as far as if you were sitting in a chair but about a 45 degree. Hold your arms out to the side. Bend you hands so that they're up and hold. Do deep breathing through your nose and hold for as long as you can. For a great butt exercise- do squats while supported by a wall. back up to a wall, slide down until your knees are bent as if you were sitting in a chair. make sure that your knees do NOT extend over your toes. If you want to add inner thigh work, move your legs in and out while squatting along the wall. Finish off w/ toes and heel raises- helps develop awesome looking calves.

Stretch and you're done!

Jenn

ETA: I'm assuming that crunches will be added in there somewhere too- do regular crunches, oblique crunches and then with your feet in the air, stretch up to touch the left foot with right hand, and reverse. Do three sets of 15 of all 4 kinds if possible.

Comment

Wow thanks for all the advice! Sounds like I better get busy!
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
      X