Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Leg Cramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg Cramps

So, I fell out of bed this morning w/ a cramp in my calf. In fact, it still hurts and that was 5 hours ago. I figure part of it must be dehydration (as I drink my second cup of coffee) but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Man o man did it hurt. I had to avoid screaming curse words at 4am because I didn't want to wake up Nikolai.

Jenn

I think that bananas (or other source of potassium) help leg cramps.

I hate waking up with leg cramps and then trying to stumble around the next day! I feel for you!
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I was just going to post that - I'm having them to and I've been told to have a banana or a glass of milk right before bed.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Are you sure it is related to exercise and not hormones? I got terrible leg cramps on the wrong birth control and when I'm pregnant. Just a thought.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I say bananas, too.

Comment

Are you sure it is related to exercise and not hormones? I got terrible leg cramps on the wrong birth control and when I'm pregnant. Just a thought.
            Wow, Kelly- more information to add to the arsenal when I go to the girly doc. I'm enjoying you know..."it"... this week so maybe that does have something to do with it.

I'll have a banana for lunch and a potato with dinner.

Still hurts though.

Jenn

Comment

Hey there,

I am still somewhat new to this site. I am a pilates instructor on the side and have been teaching fitness (personal trainer, aerobics, kickboxing, etc.) for about 8 years now. You should really do your best to drink as much water as you can to keep the cramping away. If anything drinking a lot of water will also help with weight loss overall. Also, try to stretch a bunch too after your workout.

I hope this helps!

From looking at this fitness forum it looks like all of you have been working hard. If anyone needs help please don't hesitate to ask me questions. I will be happy to help.

Comment

Working...
              X