Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Please pray for good marathon weather!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for good marathon weather!!!

So the Chicago marathon this weekend has a DISASTEROUS weather forecast.

85 degrees and pouring rain, no cooler than 75 at the start.

This is the hottest marathon weather on record if it holds and could lead to lots of health problems for lots of people including me. If it's that hot, I can kiss any goal time goodbye and be thankful if I can finish without needing an IV.

Please pray, cross your fingers, or do whatever else you do that this forecast changes!!! I know I can't control it but I'm becoming slightly worked up that 4 months of training to get to a goal time may be out the window.

Thanks all!!!!!
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Re: Please pray for good marathon weather!!!

I'll keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for you!!!
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Wow, that is some crazy weather. DH did the marathon last year and it was freezing - I thought I would die just waiting for him to finish.

We are headed to Chicago tomorrow, and I was so surprised when I just checked the forecast. It is practically summer!

Here is to hoping for a fast cold front popping up. I am sure you will do great!
      Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

My neighbor is running that one too! I hope the forecasters are all wrong!

Go get 'em!

Comment

Oh man, that would totally suck.

Sending cool front vibes to Chi-town.

Jenn

Comment

The weather in this part of the country has been strange lately.

Fingers and toes crossed for you - GOOD LUCK!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I am so excited for you! I hope that you get a cool 60 degrees. Did I mention that I was sooooo excited for you! Rock on! Come back here and tell us everything!

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hoping you get good weather.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Eeeks. I hope it cools down for you too, but it's already in the mid 70s and before noon. We're supposed to get up to the mid 80s today. it's supposed to really heat up this weekend - I hope the warm air moves out faster than expected!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                  X