Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

HELP with fitness business plan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with fitness business plan!

Hi ladies! I am great need of your opinions...if you could share them with me, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I am working on an MBA at Bellarmine University, and I am in the stages of getting my business plan (semester long project) in working order. My business plan revolves around new mothers and busy moms, but everywhere I can think of to survey this group in person (BabiesRUs, Gymboree, day cares, stores) will not let me do it due to loitering issues. Alas - I have come to you!

Please see the survey below and answer the questions posted...the survey itself shouldn't take but 5 minutes. The business idea is outlined in the first paragraph. Let me know if you have any questions. I TOTALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU COULD GIVE!

My name is Whitney Williams, and I am conducting research for a group training class exclusively for post-natal women and their children called Baby Boot Camp. This innovative stroller-fitness program helps moms regain or enhance pre-pregnancy fitness levels. These 55 or 75 minute classes, taught by a nationally certified fitness expert, combine strength-training exercises with cardiovascular drills along with Pilates, yoga and abdominal exercises to help improve core strength. The stroller, resistance tubes (and even your child!) are used as an integral part of the workout. Forget about hiring an expensive personal trainer and a babysitter! Bring your child(ren) to the park or studio - even dads are encouraged to attend free with a paying mom. This service offers family togetherness and fitness in a caring and helpful setting that accommodates a busy mother’s schedule.

A. Do you have children or plan to have children in the near future? ____

If the answer is yes, please continue on to Question B. If not, you may discontinue the survey. Thank you for your time!

B. How many children do you have? ____ What are their ages? _________

C. How many hours per week do you currently spend exercising? ____

D. Is it difficult to integrate exercise into your daily routine? ____

E. If the above service is offered for $50 per month, which includes unlimited classes, how likely are you to participate:
    ___ Definitely participate
    ___ Probably participate
    ___ Maybe participate, maybe not
    ___ Probably not participate
    ___ Definitely not participate

F. If you participated in this service, how many classes per week would you attend? ___

G. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being not important and 5 being very important, how would you rate the following items regarding these classes:
    ___ Location of classes
    ___ Learning techniques for use at home
    ___ Feeling comfortable with instructor
    ___ Level of child’s enjoyment

H. If you participated in this service, which time of the day would be the most convenient:
    ___ Early morning (7am-9am)
    ___ Mid morning (9:30am-11:30am)
    ___ Afternoon (12pm-2pm)
    ___ Evening (5pm-7pm)

I. What is your occupation status?
    ___ Work full-time out of home
    ___ Work part-time out of home
    ___ Work at home
    ___ Full-time spouse
    ___ Other

Re: HELP with fitness business plan!

I'm not going to answer your survey because I don't have a little one yet and my exercise routing is currently non existent.

With that said I know what its like to be a MBA student - have you checked out Stroller Strides? http://www.strollerstrides.com/ Its very similar.

Good luck with your project!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

A. Do you have children or plan to have children in the near future? yes

B. How many children do you have? 1 What are their ages? 1 year

C. How many hours per week do you currently spend exercising? besides the up and down lifting/carrying a baby? none

D. Is it difficult to integrate exercise into your daily routine? yes

E. If the above service is offered for $50 per month, which includes unlimited classes, how likely are you to participate:
      _X_ Probably participate

F. If you participated in this service, how many classes per week would you attend? 2-3

G. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being not important and 5 being very important, how would you rate the following items regarding these classes:
      _4_ Location of classes
      _1_ Learning techniques for use at home
      _4_ Feeling comfortable with instructor
      _5_ Level of child’s enjoyment

H. If you participated in this service, which time of the day would be the most convenient:
      _x_ Afternoon (12pm-2pm)
      ___ Evening (5pm-7pm)

_x_ Work part-time out of home
      ___ Work at home
      ___ Full-time spouse
      ___ Other[/quote]
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I used to teach classes for Stroller Strides. My experience was overall pretty good although the woman who owned that franchise didn't have small children (had step-children) and didn't understand how important scheduling and consistency is w/ kids, especially the three and under set. Also, the older they get, the harder it is to keep them contained. When we had to move indoors for winter, we just had to let them out of the strollers in a big gym because no kid was going to sit for an hour in a stroller in a gym and the owner just couldn't fathom why. The classes worked best when most of the kids were generally the same age.

Good luck!

Jenn

A. Do you have children or plan to have children in the near future? Yes
        If the answer is yes, please continue on to Question B. If not, you may discontinue the survey. Thank you for your time!

B. How many children do you have? ONE What are their ages? 3

C. How many hours per week do you currently spend exercising? 7+

D. Is it difficult to integrate exercise into your daily routine? No, because it's my number 2 Priority in my daily schedule

___ Probably participate
        XX Maybe participate, maybe not

F. If you participated in this service, how many classes per week would you attend? 1-2

2 Location of classes
        ___ Learning techniques for use at home
        ___ Feeling comfortable with instructor
        1 Level of child’s enjoyment

XX Early morning (7am-9am)
        ___ Afternoon (12pm-2pm)
        ___ Evening (5pm-7pm)

XX Work part-time out of home (30 hours/wk)
        ___ Work at home
        ___ Full-time spouse
        ___ Other

Comment

A. Do you have children or plan to have children in the near future? _yes_

B. How many children do you have? __2__ What are their ages? _2 yrs and 8 months________

C. How many hours per week do you currently spend exercising? __5__

D. Is it difficult to integrate exercise into your daily routine? _yes__

___ Probably participate
          _X__ Probably not participate

F. If you participated in this service, how many classes per week would you attend? _1-2__

_4_ Location of classes
          _2_ Learning techniques for use at home
          _4_ Feeling comfortable with instructor
          _5_ Level of child’s enjoyment

_X_ Mid morning (9:30am-11:30am)
          ___ Afternoon (12pm-2pm)
          ___ Evening (5pm-7pm)

___ Work at home
          _X_ Full-time spouse
          ___ Other

Comment

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP LADIES! Y'ALL ARE AWESOME!!!

Comment

I hope it's not too late to answer.

A. Do you have children or plan to have children in the near future? _yes___

B. How many children do you have? __5__ What are their ages? _8,5,3,2,1_

C. How many hours per week do you currently spend exercising? _3 (on a good week)_

D. Is it difficult to integrate exercise into your daily routine? _yes___

_x_ Probably participate

F. If you participated in this service, how many classes per week would you attend? _1__

_5__ Location of classes
              _1__ Learning techniques for use at home
              _2__ Feeling comfortable with instructor
              _5__ Level of child’s enjoyment

_x__ Mid morning (9:30am-11:30am)
              ___ Afternoon (12pm-2pm)
              ___ Evening (5pm-7pm)

___ Work at home
              _x__ Full-time spouse
              ___ Other

Comment

My name is Whitney Williams, and I am conducting research for a group training class exclusively for post-natal women and their children called Baby Boot Camp. This innovative stroller-fitness program helps moms regain or enhance pre-pregnancy fitness levels. These 55 or 75 minute classes, taught by a nationally certified fitness expert, combine strength-training exercises with cardiovascular drills along with Pilates, yoga and abdominal exercises to help improve core strength. The stroller, resistance tubes (and even your child!) are used as an integral part of the workout. Forget about hiring an expensive personal trainer and a babysitter! Bring your child(ren) to the park or studio - even dads are encouraged to attend free with a paying mom. This service offers family togetherness and fitness in a caring and helpful setting that accommodates a busy mother’s schedule.

A. Do you have children or plan to have children in the near future? _Have children___

B. How many children do you have? _4___ What are their ages? __11, 6, 6, 3_______

C. How many hours per week do you currently spend exercising? _0 ___

D. Is it difficult to integrate exercise into your daily routine? yes____

___ Probably participate
                __X_ Probably not participate

F. If you participated in this service, how many classes per week would you attend? __2_

___5 Location of classes
                ___4 Learning techniques for use at home
                __5_ Feeling comfortable with instructor
                __5_ Level of child’s enjoyment

__x_ Mid morning (9:30am-11:30am)
                ___ Afternoon (12pm-2pm)
                ___ Evening (5pm-7pm)

___ Work at home
                __x_ Full-time spouse
                ___ Other
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                X