Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

new trainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new trainer

I started with the trainer yesterday. I've been calling her the skinny B***... LOL! The skinny B**** made me SORE ALL OVER TODAY!!! If I could move I would strangle that girl! LOL! no... in all honesty she was a great help and I'm glad I went even tho my arms feel like jello! hehehe
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Re: new trainer

Congratulations on starting with a trainer...It's a great first step to getting the body you want, and within a few weeks you'll really start to notice how great you feel and how good you look. The soreness is always bad the first few sessions, but when you start seeing the benefits, you won't mind as much.

Good Luck and hang in there! Soon they'll be calling you "Skinny B"...

Comment

Excellent!

I love my trainer. She abuses me and I pay her.

Jenn

Comment

ya know... you think your not that bad off. or at least that's what i thought. But that girl put it on me! We worked abs and arms because i have a knee injury that I'm going to PT for... I drive a stick shift. I could hardly shift!! I almost wasn't able to drive myself home!! It took all my energy to get the keys in the door!! I would call a friend to tell them about it but I don’t know how long I can keep a phone to my ear!!

Comment

I am moving in a couple of month and can i tell you that i'm already going to miss this trainer that i have! i know it's her job, but she is so supportive. i went back today and it's going really well. It's starting to not hurt so bad......... thank goodness!

To those of you that have trainers... how long do you stick with one? how often to you meet with the trainer?? Right now I'm at once a week. I don't know if i should increase or what.

Comment

OMG! The trainer worked me hard yesterday. I feel pain LITERALLY in places I didn't know could hurt! I think she worked every single muscle in my abs from top to bottom. She tells what i'm working, but I don't feel it at the time........ it's the next day that I can't move. I went to sit up in the bed this morning and just fell back! It even hurts to laugh really loud (which I love to do)!!!!!!

Comment

That's AWESOME. It means your workout is working and you're not wasting your time at the gym.

I read about a few things that might help.

I read once in Women's Health that taking a shower alternating between the hottest and coldest water temps that your body can handle comfortably immediately after your workout, may help decrease muscle soreness.

Also, instead of skipping your workout because you're too sore, I read in the Body Sculpting Bible (awesome book) that it's better to continue working out, but at half the weight you normally use and only do ten reps. It gets the blood flowing through your muscles and helps to loosen the lactic acid that's making you hurt.

But really, I've felt once like that- I left a group class once literally, I could barely climb into my car. But that is how you get results. I've been going to the gym for the past few months, but admittedly have not been pushing myself as hard as I really could. So really, if I had pushed myself then I might have some muscle by now. It's not easy, but keep up the great work! I'm proud of ya!

Comment

I've been w/ my trainer since March. and I have no plans to leave her anytime soon.

as for pain- there's the OMG my muscles hurt pain and there's the OMG someone dial 911 for me because I can't lift my arms kind of pain. The second kind isn't what you want.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                  I've been w/ my trainer since March. and I have no plans to leave her anytime soon.

as for pain- there's the OMG my muscles hurt pain and there's the OMG someone dial 911 for me because I can't lift my arms kind of pain. The second kind isn't what you want.

Jenn
                  The very first upper body workout I had was close to the second situation. I am a lefty. My right arm was practically useless for 48 hours! I could just barley move it. She assured me that after 2 day all pain would go away... and she was right I got up on the 3rd day and it was just gone! BTW, today I noticed some toning in my arms when I flexed (REALLY HARD)! Seeing the results is fun.

KarrotKake22,
                  Everyone has been telling me that, but I just blew them off until this last hard workout on my abs. As much as it just KILLED me I did some crunches the following day. Working the middle and both sides.... it did the trick! Next time I’ll try that shower/bath thing.

Thank you ladies for all the support!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X