Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Running with a stroller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running with a stroller

Any tips? I'm up to ~8 mile runs now (in preparation for a January 13 marathon) and the boy is getting heavy (~21 lbs of toddler in a clunker of a stroller.) I just want to make sure I'm not committing any grievous sins of form, especially since I've been dealing with a nasty ankle pain for the last couple of weeks -- don't want to make that worse, or if I'm doing something to cause it, I want to stop, LOL.
    Alison

Re: Running with a stroller

Hey! Congrats on your marathon training, I'm very excited for you!

While I don't have my own, I used to run with my baby cousin in her jogger. I don't have a ton of tips except: lock the wheels so they can't turn and then lightly just place your fingers on the jogger. That way you can stand up straight and not lean forward to grip. If I ran gripping I noticed that my form leaned forward. So, abs in! Stand up straight! If you feel like your form is suffering, ask someone to observe you running with and without the stroller. A specialty running store would DEFINITELY do this for you if you have the time to stop by.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I bet Run AZ@ 48th & Warner would be willing to offer some advice...it's worth a try!

Comment

Yeah, that's what I first thought of too, Suz! They're pretty nice in there, at least the couple of times I've been.

My stroller is a bit out of alignment and veers left without guidance, so I guess getting it adjusted is a good first step.
        Alison

Comment

No tips, but way to go Alison!

My kids won't stay put in a stroller/jogger for more than 15-20 mins tops.

Comment

Originally posted by planet
            No tips, but way to go Alison!

My kids won't stay put in a stroller/jogger for more than 15-20 mins tops.
            I really thought by the time I hit an hour I'd have to be looking for a babysitter for my long runs, but he's hanging tight! He loves watching the scenery, and usually takes a nap to boot.
            Alison

Comment

Working...
            X