Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Year's Resolution...AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Resolution...AGAIN

Ok, who's with me? I need to lose 15lbs this year. Hopefully by the end of May (which is my sister-in-law's wedding). Ugh. It's not even Christmas and I feel my pants tightening. I gained 30 lbs with pregnancy, lost 13 immediately, then lost another 12, gained 5. So 10lbs to pre-preg weight, but would really like to lose 15 to get to wedding weight. People say don't focus on the numbers...well scale number or clothing size, I need to make them decrease.
    I hate feeling this way. My poor DH is sick of me whining. Time for action!

I need to stay away from the Christmas cookies :tsk:
    Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Re: New Year's Resolution...AGAIN

I am with you. I need to lose not weight necessarily but inches. My problem is that after being sedentary for about 8 months I am now a regular at the gym. HOWEVER - I have yet to shed the belly bulge. :banghead: I am not so much interested in the weight because of that whole muscle weighs more than fat thing - or whatever . I do, however, want to fit in my jeans without fear of the muffin top.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I'm right there with you! I need to lose 15 pounds, as well. My goal is to have it gone by my graduation in May.

Comment

I'm in, though not starting until Feb. I'll have at least 40 to take off. I am all about the numbers until the clothes fit.

Comment

I so wish that 15 lbs was all I had to lose, it's more like 45-50. I'm so in as soon as we get back from Disney Jan 4th. I would love tolose alot of it by June 1st when my DS graduates.

Comment

I'm in! I'll have about 40 (at least) to take off once this baby comes.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Of course I'm in! I'm the crazy one still sticking with my diet through the holidays this year. :| I'm down a few pounds but I'm still working towards taking off another 25+. I had a doctor tell me just last week “weight loss is 99% pushing yourself away from the table.” Easier said than done doc! Haha

Good luck everyone!!
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                I'm definitely in. A few years ago I had a major Resolution list and I stuck to almost all of it. This is feeling like it will be one of those years again - I am inspired. And I know it sounds stupid but I want to be in shape before I get pregnant (or try to anyway).

That is my exact motivation as well. Good luck Lily!!

Comment

I'm in for 15! igout:

Sounds like a poker game.
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada
                    Put me in for 40!! I was watching The Biggest Loser and thought if they can lose 200 lbs. surely I can lose 40!
                    It's that show so motivating?? Good luck girl!! You can do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X