Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

DC Jenn caffeine and water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Jenn caffeine and water

Jenn- You are always talking about upping your water consumption. I just wanted to pick your brains on this. I also was wondering about the caffeine thing.

Here's my deal. Every year, in the winter, I start to get insomnia. I drink coffee year round, but since it's hot out, I don't have coffee or tea after, say, 10 am during the summer. I usually drink about 3 cups in the morning. In the winter, I try to not have caffeinated coffee or tea after 2 pm. Sometimes I make some decaf. I don't drink soda. In the summer, I drink water all day long. Probably I drink about... 12 cups a day? I don't drink juice, and I limit milk/dairy to 3 servings per day... In the summer I usually don't get insomnia, either. But in the winter, I drink less water, and more hot beverages-- like decaf or tea. I googled my "symptoms", and it seems to pop up that I may have too much caffeine through my veins (say it ain't so)... I just was wondering some numbers from you-- or anyone else out there-- since I know you are always talking about water!!! And you are the health/fitness/personal trainer guru... to me anyway...

Specific questions:
    1. Is herbal tea OK? Does it count as "water" or not?

2. Is too little water a possible cause for insomnia?

3. Is the Fruit2O stuff OK-- or does the splenda mess up the "water value"...

Preach to me, girl!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Re: DC Jenn caffeine and water

As far as I'm concerned, herbal tea (unless it contains something known to be a serious diuretic) counts as water. At least I count it as water.

Yes, too little water can be a cause of all sorts of bizarre ailments- including insomnia.

I avoid Splenda waters like the plague because I think they're inevitably going to be proven in the same way that diet sodas have- it messes with your ability to feel satiated so you end up eating and drinking more.

Don't forget that human sweat ALL THE TIME. Add to it the increase in heat from heaters and the increased heavy clothing and you're sweating a lot more than you think you are. and I sweat and overheat a lot while asleep too so that may also be contributing to your problems

basically, anytime I have a low grade headache, some wierd twingy kind of muscle ache or am hungry at a bizarre time, I know it's really thirst talking to me.

Jenn

Comment

thanks jen-- I have some type of sinus thing going on, but I am going to try to drink more water too! Happy travels, by the way!
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

DCJenn-

sorry I didn't feel like starting a new thread! Can we count our Crystal Light mix also as water? Not the pre made stuff, but the dry mixes.

Thanks!
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

You can count either as water intake. Just be careful of the amount of fake sweeteners you're ingesting. They really make me nervous.

Jenn

Comment

Thank you! I don't know what it is but Crystal light can really do the trick of filling me up and stops that urge to eat when I know it's not real hunger.
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
            X