Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

First race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First race!

Those of you who thought I was insane for attempting to train for my first marathon while being the full-time caregiver for my toddler will be happy to know that I ended up having to downgrade to the half-marathon.

Yesterday I finished the PF Chang Rock 'n' Roll Half-Marathon in 2:08, accomplishing my goal of a sub-10-minute pace. It was painful, but I was proud, and I'm already considering doing another race....sometime in my life. Probably not a full marathon though. Ouch!
    Alison

Re: First race!

Yay! post the link to the finish line picture when you get it. (you have to- Kelly's posted hers, I've posted mine...)

Jenn

Comment

Good for you! Congratulations!!!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

High FIVE!!! I'm proud of you! Welcome to your new addiction!

(Great time, BTW!)

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Way to go, Allison!

Comment

That's a nice time. Congrats!

Comment

impressive! congratulations!!!

Comment

Thanks, guys! Lily, follow a training program and it's amazing what you can accomplish! Four months ago I started out struggling to complete 2-3 mile runs at a 12 minute pace, but I followed a prescribed plan of increasing miles and occasional interval work, and my times dropped steadily while my distance improved.

I also forgot to mention that this was our first time leaving Eddy with anyone other than family, period, as well as our first time leaving him for more than a couple of hours. Our own iMSN member bugs watched him for me and I was so glad to have him in good hands! Over eight hours later, I was sure I'd be doing damage control with my little cling-on, but he was completely content and not excessively needy at all.
                Alison

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

That's awesome, way to go!!! I could never run that far, it hurts my joint to much, and am totally envious of those who can

Comment

Congrats!! That's awesome.

Comment

Congrats! What training program did you do? I have a race in May... I need motivation.
                        Needs

Comment

I did the Runnersworld novice training program, let me dig it up...

http://runnersworld.com/article/0,7120, ... -0,00.html

Here's the only photo they got of me, LOL. I'm the one in blue with the yellow (marathon) bib number. :P

Alison

Comment

Thanks for sharing! You look like you were in pretty good shape at the end.

Jenn

Comment

AWESOME! You ROCK!

Kelly
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X