Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

my diet update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my diet update.

Well it's been the best of times the worst of times...... hahaha ok, maybe it's not that dramatic. DH and I was on the road traveling, moving, and visiting with his family along the way 12/30 through 1/12. Lets just say it was HARD sticking to my diet so I didn't most of the time. :| Good news is that last Wen. I decided it wasn't worth it to give up now. I weighed for the first time in a while and was a bit horrified to see what I had gained. 6 days later I'm still hanging in there and already started losing again. In fact, I reached a milestone today. 30 pounds lost! Gone. Goodbye. Don't come back. Not welcomed! Wooohooo!

I'm in shock that I've done it. I'm the smallest I've been in years I think. I still haven't reached my goal yet, but its small tiny steps that make me feel like this is BIG progress. If you are still working on improving your health and fitness may all the strength and courage be with you today!!!!!!!!!

everyone!
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Re: my diet update.

Good for you.

It's hard when Real Life doesn't cooperate so celebrate all the more that you've tossed those 30 pounds to the curb. (have you ever actually lifted 30 pounds? seriously, go to the gym and pick up a 25 and a 5 and FEEL how much that is!!!)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
      Good for you.

It's hard when Real Life doesn't cooperate so celebrate all the more that you've tossed those 30 pounds to the curb. (have you ever actually lifted 30 pounds? seriously, go to the gym and pick up a 25 and a 5 and FEEL how much that is!!!)

Jenn
      I think I'll try that!

Comment

I use the visual effect too. Imagine 30 one pound packages of ground beef!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!! :happyrain: :rah:
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

thanks! But has that happened to anyone else out there?? You've lost weight, everyone tells you that you look thinner, but you can't see it??? :huh:

Comment

That happens all of the time!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

i hate that! LOL!! Grrrrrrrr

I think the only place I can see improvement is the back fat (as i call it). It seems to have mostly gone away. DH still laughs hysterically when i point that fact out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                Awesome! 30 pounds is a huge accomplishment.
                ITA!!!! I am really happy for you!!!
                Outstanding!!!!
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a great accomplishment. I don't know why, but it does seem to take longer for the weight loss to become visible sometimes.....Keep at it...that's great!

Kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                  X