Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Steps: 10K a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps: 10K a day

I'm trying a new plan....I bought a fancy pedometer and now I'm trying to get 10,000 steps a day in. It's really hard. Or I'm just really lazy!!

I'm going to try to use this thread to keep me accountable.....we'll see how long this lasts!

Wednesday: 6421
    Thursday: 5484
    Friday: 9847
    Saturday: 11357
    Sunday: 7780

I apparently HAVE to take a 2-3 mile walk EVERY day in order to get close to that many steps. (I bought the ped Wed afternoon, and didn't walk Thursday.) I soooo wanted to believe that I did enough walking at work to justify sitting on the couch eating. I guess the good thing is, when I'm waking, I'm not eating.

Michele
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Re: Steps: 10K a day

Best of luck - I know I don't walk near that much most days, but other days I walk that much just for enjoyment!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

My new gym has a program that feeds the information from the pedometer to a computer to monitor steps, etc. It takes some work to get to 10k if you're not 'working out'.

I got 18k on Saturday but that was because I did the Race for the Cure and walked to and from the race.

Jenn

Comment

I've been doing kinda sucky! But I'm trying....

5479, 6558, 4288, 4058, 1209, 7861, 3008, 10201, 9879, 1702, 4425, 1790, 7433

The two days less than 2K were lazy days, but also I forgot the pedometer. I'm only at 4500 now but I plan to go for a walk tonight if it isn't too cold.

Jenn, you are so right! 10K is really hard to do if you aren't used to it.

And in all this time, I've gained a few pounds! I'm hoping it's just hormonal water weight!
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I also have a pedometer that's sitting unused on my nightstand. I'm embarrassed to say how few steps I walk every day. Like Jenn said, unless you're working out, it's hard to get that many steps. I find that I don't need to walk too far for most things so the only way to get my steps in would be to exercise and/or to take a nice leisurely walk. One thing that's worked for me is to... walk in place if I'm watching TV.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette
            One thing that's worked for me is to... walk in place if I'm watching TV.
            I never thought of that!! D'oh! I'm soooo adding that to my routine. Walk for CSI:Miami here I come!
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

8910, 3718, 9177, 5402, 14547, 6426, 11771

I'd say 4 out of the 7 are acceptable. That's an improvement!

The walk is not only helping my step count, but it's definitely helping my marriage!! Having Russ' undivided attention for about an hour ROCKS! And Daegan loves the walk!

It isn't helping the numbers on the scale go down, but they've stopped climbing so that's a step in the right direction. (ha ha stupid puns )
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Bump. I've dusted off the pedometer and replaced the battery.

I've done at least 7500 steps for 5 days in a row now! Woot!! And three of those days were over 10K.

I've also dusted off the WiiFit balance board and replaced its batteries. Maybe I can get moving again.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Feb 8: 4700
                  Feb 9: 8000
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Feb 10: 5000
                    Feb 11: 9500

Feb 15: 6000
                    Feb 16: 13000
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment