Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

All right. That. Is. IT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All right. That. Is. IT!!!

DS told me my butt was fat, and laughed at my belly. He says it hangs. IT DOES NOT HANG!!! A bit of sag, but I had triplets for crying out loud.

So now I'm reading Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle." I've been running a lot lately, but clearly it's not enough.

Frickin' kid.

Re: All right. That. Is. IT!!!

He's banished to the other room indefinately, right?

Completely inexcusable to say such things, especially if you are working on staying in shape. Besides, round is a shape.
    Kris

Comment

Unbelievable!

I had twins, and I affirm that stretched-out skin is NOT fat.

DH offered me a tummy tuck (in jest - unfortunately) before the kids were even born!

My abdominal muscles didn't have time to grow back together before I got pregnant again, so I'm going to have to work double-time on the sit-ups after delivery. If you find a good exercise that helps, let me know.

Comment

Kids are sooo honest huh? Without any regard for normal social graces!

Get a Wii Fit!
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool

Completely inexcusable to say such things, especially if you are working on staying in shape. Besides, round is a shape.
          Did you think she said DH?

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles

I dunno - my kids would get in trouble for that, too! You don't tell ANYONE they're fat - it's rude. I think HouseofWool's comment was in jest, but if one of my kids said that I'm fat (and I am - I'm certian Chris isn't, Chris had triplets, I have no self-control and a crappy metabolism - TOTALLY different issues), they would be told that they may not speak to or of people like that - ever. It's hurtful and it's disrespectful.

And if my husband were ever to say it - he'd get a whole lot worse than being banished to another room.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles

Totally mis-read it as DH! ooops!
              Kris

Comment

Hah, DH knows better. DS got a talking-to about what comments are okay and what can be hurtful.

Sad to say, this past spring I put on nearly 30 stress pounds. (on top of the 25-30 I needed to lose) :sadscale: :banghead: I've lost 10 so far, but it's slow going. I'm a little fearful of what the belly will look like if I actually do shed the weight.

Jenn, I've got no self-control either. I'm an emotional eater.

Comment

I dunno. I actually weigh less now than I did before I ever started having kids (please don't throw things at me ), but things are just ... redistributed differently. I definitely have extra skin hanging around my middle, and probably my hips and thighs have a little extra going on. Having children just changed and stretched things out so much for me, I don't think any amount of exercise is going to change that. :huh:
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                  X