Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoga

I really can't afford to join a class or a gym right now. Can anyone suggest a good beginners Yoga dvd? I have one that I've been using for over two years. It's very very beginners and I've out grown it.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Re: Yoga

I don't know about the Lone Star State but in Miami there are a lot of free classes in public parks. You may want to check the community calendar, parks calendar, etc. to see if there is anything like that there. Sorry I can't recommend a video. I'm not disiplined enough to exercise alone.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Have you tried Itunes? You can download yoga "classes" to your Ipod...and you can try various ones.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

netflix is another great resource to try out a bunch of different ones.

There are so many kinds of yoga that you kind of have to mess around to see what fits you best. Like a pair a jeans or a boyfriend.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse
          Have you tried Itunes? You can download yoga "classes" to your Ipod...and you can try various ones.
          Ahhhhhh thank you!! I never thought of that!

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
            netflix is another great resource to try out a bunch of different ones.

There are so many kinds of yoga that you kind of have to mess around to see what fits you best. Like a pair a jeans or a boyfriend.

Jenn
            We are living in a temporary rental here in Phoenix that doesn't have a mail box. Landlady told us we could use the post office if we needed to set up mail service. .

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight
              We are living in a temporary rental here in Phoenix that doesn't have a mail box. Landlady told us we could use the post office if we needed to set up mail service. .
              I hope you don't mind my asking, or the thread hijack - but....how does that even work? Are you not having to pay any utilities? I'm just having trouble getting my head around not having mail service.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky
                Originally posted by moonlight
                I hope you don't mind my asking, or the thread hijack - but....how does that even work? Are you not having to pay any utilities? I'm just having trouble getting my head around not having mail service.
                I'm really surprised by it as well. I've never lived anywhere where we were told there isn't mail service. We are in Phoenix for only two months. I found a furnished 'guest house' for rent in central Phoenix (on craigslist!), most utilities included, two bedrooms, one bath, W/D hookups. The only utilities not included were cable tv and internet. This 'guest house' is really a one story detached two car garage, totally finished, totally new, doesn't even look like someone parked CARS in here, and she just finished the reno like 6 months ago. Landlady says she only had one other short term renter. I believe her, it's spotless in here, and cute! So anyways, the unit wasn't totally cable ready. Cable company wanted 3 weeks to get things going. We found a month-to-month wireless company (Cricket) that we could get a aircard from (BTW it's $45). The TV situation kinda sucks. We invested in a rabbit antenna and a digital converter box for basic tv. Kmart said I had until May 5th to get a full refund. I might just do that.

About the mail, what is really odd is that the main house doesn’t have a mail box either! Not even a slot in the front door. Her renters for the house moved in the same day we did. I see a dirt spot by the curb where it looks like a good sized brick mailbox once was located. I don’t understand why she wouldn’t want renters receiving mail here. Or if it’s even legal to remove a mailbox? This isn’t a new property; SOMEONE was getting mail here before she owned the property. :huh:

Meanwhile Mom and the Out-laws are lovingly acting as our mailman.

Comment

Working...
                X