Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Work Out Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Out Music

I need to make a new CD, any good work out music??
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I already have the new Britney CD , and I love it
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Get ready to laugh, but I love:

Let's Get it Started (Spike Mix) <Black Eyed Peas/Elephunk?>

I have a lot of fun working out to music that I wouldn't ordinarily listen to. I have played hours of basketball to Flo rida , Lil 'Wayne and Pink. For a cooldown, I swear by Little Wonders from Rob Thomas (Meet the Robinsons)

Kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

The work out songs on my ipod include (beware, random, and some not great songs, but good beats, makes me in a good mood, or just make me mad and want to work out harder... lol) I didn't include all the brittany on there since you already have that

Flavor of the week - american hi fi
        Pump it - Black eyed peas
        Fighter -Christina Aguilera
        Gotta Get through this - Daniel Bedingfield
        Do Right -Jimmie's Chicken Shack
        Cant get you out of my head - Kylie Minogue
        Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
        Zip Lock - LIT
        Maneater - Nelly Furtado
        The way you move - Outkast
        Last resort - papa roach
        cotton eyed joe - RexNex
        Everything is cool -Reel Big Fish
        What I like about you - The romantics
        We are family - sister sledge
        lalala color the world -spice girls
        Start the commotion - the wise guys
        Hey Mickey- Toni Basil
        Sexy Back - Timberlake
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Those are some good ones!
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I like this song by a singer named Duffy...it's called "Mercy."

In defense of Brittany Spears--since people understandably seem embarrassed to be a fa, I suppose given her general oddest--her dance mixes are actually very good for working out, I think. Don't really listen to "teenie bop" stuff, and didn't think I'd like anything she sang. I was in a bar one night and they were playing a remix of a bunch of her songs, I was surprised. Her range was better than what I'd expected and the beat was terrific for a workout.

Comment

I can't listen to music when I work out. I guess that make me the odd man out, huh?

J.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                I can't listen to music when I work out. I guess that make me the odd man out, huh?

J.
                Nope. I listen to podcasts; keeps me more distracted than music.
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I've listened to some Wait! Wait! podcasts, but then I end up laughing out loud in the middle of the gym. I've had the most success downloading a movie to my iTouch and watching it. My speed even picks up ... I don't know why that's better than the flat screen TV right in front of me (each piece of equipment has it's own TV), but it is.

I've got to decide on another movie to download. I've got Twilight (totally have an inappropriate crush on Robert Pattinson even though he's a rotten actor). Ideas?

I also need some music, but might have dh make me a playlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
                    I've listened to some Wait! Wait! podcasts, but then I end up laughing out loud in the middle of the gym.
                    I totally did that this morning in the gym. Twice. And then took my ipod over to DH to make him listen to a particularly choice bit (last weekend was a clips show, and it was the bit about the perch GWB caught).

Now that I'm caught up on wait wait, I'm going to try listening to Deutche Welle's slowly spoken news in German to see what I can pick up; if that doesn't work I have some other podcasts and some british radio shows to listen to (Stephen Fry's done a lot of interesting-sounding radio I happened to get my hands on).
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I could barely control myself while listening to a This American Life podcaswith a re-aired David Sedaris story.

I used to take a spin class where the instructor played O Fortuna. Something different but good for intervals. Erasure? The Clash? I recently took a class with some Michael Jackson music. It was pretty good for working out. I heard Salt n Pepa None of Your Business today and that was a good one too.

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                        I totally did that this morning in the gym. Twice. And then took my ipod over to DH to make him listen to a particularly choice bit (last weekend was a clips show, and it was the bit about the perch GWB caught).
                        Please excuse me while I toggle over to my iTunes and make sure it's updated my iTouch with this weekend's podcast before I hit the gym this afternoon.

Comment

I don't feel like dancing--Scissor Sisters
                          The Classical Cardio CD on itunes--I love oldies remixes too
                          Chariots of Fire (Pearlcoder Mashup Mix)--The Flame
                          You sexy thing
                          I'm too sexy--Right Said Fred
                          Summer of 69
                          Brown eyed girl
                          Say hey (I love you)--Michael Franti
                          Like a Prayer
                          Jesse's Girl
                          Iko Iko (The Belle Stars)
                          Love you much better--The Hush Sound
                          Flathead--the Fratellis
                          Whole Wide World--Phon Roll
                          Hurts so Good
                          We Belong-Pat Benatar
                          Roll to me--Del Amitri
                          Ecstasy--Rusted Root
                          Hot Hot Hot
                          Young Folks
                          Don't Stop Me Now--Queen
                          Back in the high life again
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Music is definitely subjective depending on the person....everything in my iPod under the "Workout Music" heading is either Gangsta Rap or Speed Metal....

RB

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
                              Music is definitely subjective depending on the person....everything in my iPod under the "Workout Music" heading is either Gangsta Rap or Speed Metal....

RB
                              Ooh, list please, if you don't mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X