Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

i need motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need motivation

how do yall motivate yourselves to eat healthier and live a healthier lifestyle?

i good for doing right for maybe ten days tops then its back to fast/fattening food

I look in the mirror...

In all seriousness, I actually look at pics of me trying on my wedding dress and realize that the alterations have to be done in a few months...
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I think you have to give yourself some leeway. I believe "in moderation." One way I try to keep myself motivated, is to make sure I don't get into an eating rut. Our menu is constantly changing here. Plus we set aside a couple of nights for treats.

HTH.
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

so you kinda cheat when you have your treats?

i might need to start off slow, like eat healthy every other day... and work my way into the healthier me state of mind

Comment

Originally posted by i.am.Bama View Post
          how do yall motivate yourselves to eat healthier and live a healthier lifestyle?

i good for doing right for maybe ten days tops then its back to fast/fattening food
          I have rather poor eating habits, however I try to play soccer at least every other day which keeps me in reasonably good shape in spite of that. Team sports tend to be fun to participate in which makes it easier to motivate yourself to exercise often. There's no way I'd hit the gym or go for a run several times a week.

Comment

i might need to start off slow, like eat healthy every other day... and work my way into the healthier me state of mind
            Don't set unreasonable goals. Start with small managable goals and only set one at a time, some examples would be: drinking 6 glasses of water a day; eating grilled food rather than fried; eating 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day; or only eating half of your dessert. Going cold turkey or only eating heathy leaves most people with a sense of deprivation and they end of falling off the wagon only to eat really poorly!
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by McPants View Post
              I have rather poor eating habits, however I try to play soccer at least every other day which keeps me in reasonably good shape in spite of that. Team sports tend to be fun to participate in which makes it easier to motivate yourself to exercise often. There's no way I'd hit the gym or go for a run several times a week.
              ive been playing basketball when time permits... i have to figure out a way to get some extra cardio in to balance out my bad eating habbits

Comment

Originally posted by McPants View Post

ive started drinking more water, but i just cant drink water with meals ever... something just dont taste right to me... so ive been drinking water before i eat so i dont drink too much juice, tea or soda

next week im going to try and go to the gym everyday maybe before week if possible, its hard finding time to go to the gym when i have to keep the baby all the time

Comment

I guess I don't consider it cheating. I have the "treats" as part of my overall nutrition. I think life is boring if you don't have dessert once in awhile. Our 4 children would eat dessert every night and only desserts if we allowed them. I don't want to deprive them, so we set boundaries/limits, and let them have fun. It's allows me to remember what it's like to be a kid. Our treats are usually things like a cookie or a scoop of ice cream. I am a girl that loves food, and doesn't think that you should "cut" things out- just moderate. There is a reason it's called a balanced diet- you need balance as one does in every aspect of their life. Also we don't keep a lot of junk around in our house, not to say it isn't in our house. On the rare occasion we have chips in the house, I have been getting Flat Earth or rice chips (I can't think of the brand off hand).

I try to set some basic goals- 5 servings fruits/veggies, have a glass of water out to drink from throughout the day, less processed foods, etc.
                  We have our fruit next to our pantry & out, and it gets eaten up quickly, especially with the 2 little ones. I also keep baby carrots, and other things easily accessible.

One goal that I have done well with over the last year- eating less processed food and fast food.
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

next week im going to try and go to the gym everyday maybe before week if possible, its hard finding time to go to the gym when i have to keep the baby all the time
                    Ask if your gym offers babysitting services. In my experience, most do, though sometimes the hours that they offer them are pretty crappy.

Comment

Working...
                    X