Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoga

I know that LilySayWhat will agree with me but in all honesty, there are few things in life that an hour of yoga doesn't improve your outlook about.

I just did a 90 minute yoga dvd and man, I feel so much better than I did when I started it.

Jenn

Kind of related...but I feel this way about Pilates. I'm kind of a junkie. I love the way it makes me feel during and after. I swear that my spine is straighter.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Do you do mat pilates or work on the reformer?
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yoga is amazing - I think it has been helping with my anxiety (it is basically non-existant) not to mention I sleep so well after ashtunga - I love it!
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

ITA - My Yoga instructor was 63 when I began - that woman looked so young. Anytime I have any ailment, I ask my yoga instructor and there is always a pose for it. I have also noticed that (unlike working out at the gym) I have maintained my weight and have a much better outlook on life since I dumped the gym membership and only do yoga.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I just got a flier for a new Yoga place. It looks so peaceful. Now that DH's schedule is about to be super laid back and he can watch the boys, I think I might join.

Comment

I love yoga as well. I have been doing the P90x 90 minute workout and it totally kicks my a$$, but I feel so good after. And, thanks to poverty, I get a great rate at the Y and have been taking a pilates class there as well. Actually, I need to get off my duff and head out in a few minutes for it.
              Kris

Comment

I've heard so many good things about yoga and never tried it - we are joining a new gym when Robert turns 6 months in May so hopefully they'll have a class I can try.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                  I'm ready to stand on my head and see what falls out of there.
                  YES, do try it!! I still can't do it without the wall (or maybe I can but it is just my security thing). I carry my stress on my shoulders - I also sometimes end up sitting in front of a computer all day at work and get these knots on my shoulder blades. There is something about it....I always feel so relaxed afterwards - especially my shoulders. The first couple of times I was not too convinced ( I was clenching my teeth concentrating - freaking out) but I am glad my yoga instructor encouraged me to keep trying it - now it is part of my daily evening routine.

Comment

I was just doing all kinds of inversions last night. I love getting upside down. It does feel awesome and absolutely releases *something*. I don't like getting all smooshed up in shoulderstand in a big class. I worry that others are observing the fat rolls on my belly. (Like they care. ) I am trying v. hard to work up the courage to join a new yoga class here. I practice only at home and worry that the other people in a public class will be snickering about my lack of body tone. Obviously, this reflects my discomfort with my current living space. Still.....how can you let that mess up your YOGA????

I think it is funny that yoga is different for everyone. I am utterly challenged by chest openers. Must say something about my inner psyche. No heart opening here; I am a closed person. Need to work on that.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

So what at home videos do you all recommend? I do pilates at home but would love to try yoga, just don't want to waste money on a bad video.
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Do you have Itunes? There are several yoga videos for FREE!! Some good - some bore me....and if so, I pick another. The video I use the most is one my yoga instructor made for me when I moved away...but when I am away from home I always use Itunes.

Comment

I do kundalini which is most definitely NOT for everything. There's a lot of chanting and breathing exercises in kundalini. I LOVE it though. I have this funky unused loft space in my bedroom that I'm going to convert into a yoga studio. I'm coming down with a cold so I did a cleansing/purifying dvd today. I felt better even though my cold is in no way improved.

Jenn

Comment

I can't wait to go back to yoga, my body feels so out of shape. I absolutely hate going to the gym but love the tranquility of yoga. The balance poses are the most challenging for me. I can wear 4 inch stilettos but can't stand on one foot without falling over.

Comment

OK, I bought yoga pants and a mat. Now where do I start. There are so many kinds I don't know what to do.
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X