Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wii Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Fit

I just started using my new Wii Fit Plus yesterday. It's lots of fun and I'm so glad I got it, but... I'm terribly uncoordinated. So far I'm OK at Hula Hoop, Island Cycling, Basic Run, and some Yoga. You do NOT want to see me attempting Basic Step or Boxing.

What are your favorite exercises and games? Do you have a routine?

P.S: It told me I was 43 the first time I tried it and then it asked me if I trip while walking.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

The boxing took me a couple tries to get it. I like it now, but it isn't a favorite. My favorites are the yoga and the hula-hoop, too.

Comment

The little Wii Fit guy and I arent currently on speaking terms. He kept calling me fat while I was pregnant. :'( He remains in his box to this day.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
        The little Wii Fit guy and I arent currently on speaking terms. He kept calling me fat while I was pregnant. :'( He remains in his box to this day.
        hahaha!
        Kris

Comment

We don't have a Wii (ha!) but we have a PS3 and I was considering purchasing the "Move" package for Christmas. Does anyone have any experience with it and how it compares to Wii? I've played with the Wii and done some of the fitness stuff and really enjoyed it.

Comment

I love the wii fit! We bought it as soon as it came out and played it to death. Then we got bored with it and the plus version came out so we bought that and it renewed our interest. I like the yoga, hula hoop, soccer heading, snowball fights, obstacle course, and whatever that one game is where you put the marbles into the holes. Now that I'm starting to get back on the workout wagon, I may have to dig out the wii fit again. In the past I found the hula hooping to burn the most calories.
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Umm I am hula hoop champion! And pretty good at the stepping too, in fact I bought a platform to make the step higher. I used to do the Wii Active which is a really good workout.

Comment

I love the ski jump!!!
                High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

I like the tight rope and the one where you are a bird flying from place to place.
                  Kris

Comment

Bump. I'm sure I can Google it but I figured I'd ask y'all.

Is there a quicker way to move through exercises on the WiiFit? I don't like having to select an activity, then press A. And press A again and then do it. And then be scored and then press A to get my fit credits and .... It just seems like there's too much down time.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

That bugs me, too. I *think* you can create a routine, but I haven't tried that yet. Can someone confirm this or suggest a solution?
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

I highly HIGHLY recommend picking up EA Sports Active (we have Active 2). You set up a workout (they have an automatic 9-week set of 4/week workouts that take about half an hour each), and it just goes through, four warmups, a bunch of activities, then four cooldowns, boom, boom, boom. *love* it.
                        Sandy
                        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                          I highly HIGHLY recommend picking up EA Sports Active (we have Active 2). You set up a workout (they have an automatic 9-week set of 4/week workouts that take about half an hour each), and it just goes through, four warmups, a bunch of activities, then four cooldowns, boom, boom, boom. *love* it.
                          oooh! thanks Sandy!

Comment

I've seen articles were people have lost 100+ pounds just doing the Wii Fit. I've played Wii and I liked bowling. It's been so long though I can't recall the other games we played. One of my elderly friends does the Yoga everyday and she's lost over 100 lbs. but that is more about her switching to healthy eating it seems.
                            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Michele, did you figure it out? It bugs me too.

Comment

Working...
                              X