Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bally's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I can find.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
      Not that I can find.
      Nope, you won't; the whole west coast is bereft of Lifetime Fitness, sadly.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Anybody have experience with a 24 Hour Fitness? I'm going to check out the one closest to us today I just don't think I can justify the cost of the Club Sport as nice as it is. I really just need a basic gym with good childcare.

Comment

I've found 24 Hour Fitness varies WILDLY based on the particular location.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
            I've found 24 Hour Fitness varies WILDLY based on the particular location.
            I've heard this too. Fingers crossed that you have a great one!!!!
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I found 24 hour fitness to be similar in the high pressure sales, etc. But along the lines of you other thread - Costco sells AMAZING 24 hour fitness deals (usually for 1 yr). Worth checking out.
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I just saw one at Costco, but I think it was 2 year
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                  I just saw one at Costco, but I think it was 2 year
                  You could be right there... I might be mistaken. I still think you should check the prices though, it might be like $250 for 2 years... even though you only use it for a year.
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                    Anybody have experience with a 24 Hour Fitness? I'm going to check out the one closest to us today I just don't think I can justify the cost of the Club Sport as nice as it is. I really just need a basic gym with good childcare.

Davita is a member here, but doesn't go a lot b/c the childcare isn't a flat rate (like my gym: $8/month per kid for up to 2 hours/day). Check out the JCC in Portland. They probably have a gym. I know Nellie sent at least 2 of her girls to the JCC for preschool, so it's big and active, and the nice ones will often have a gym, too.

Comment

So I don't know what I'm going to do.

The nice gym that I found is most similar to our old gym http://www.clubsports.com/oregon/home.do and with DH's company discount it is $160/month including childcare. I was paying $140 at our old gym and that did not include DH, this would. It is about 12 minutes from our house but 15ish from A's preschool. (It does have pilates reformer classes at an additional rate of about $25/class) I can also put the kids in swim lessons there (extra) . The inside pool is not very big but it does have two small outdoor pools which will probably only be open until the end of Sept. though.

The 24 hour fitness is very nice, recently remodeled but is just a gym. It has a pool but only for adult use, its one of those no kids in the club places. They have child care which the kids went into today while I was getting the tour but I was not impressed by the fact that there were only two providers and most of the kids were glued to a movie. It would be about $90/month if DH also joined and that includes childcare.

Nellie and Jennifer recommended the JCC it is $135/month including childcare, I drove by it today but didn't go in for a tour because the kids were getting restless. It is the closest (by far) to A's preschool although I'm starting to think about another option for that too.

ARGH !!! Decisions decisions!

Comment

I think the first place sounds great and pretty cheap for a family membership, IMO. Plus 15 minutes does not seem like big deal at all.
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I've had a good experience going to 24 Hour in PDX over the past year, but that's really only because it's so darn cheap. Have you checked out March Wellness? I have no idea about prices, childcare, etc., but it always looks nice (and relatively empty) when I go by. Also, OHSU employees and SOs get major discounts for going there.

Comment

Yes DH looked into March Wellness but they have no childcare.

I joined the ClubSport today - I think we'll be happy there, the kids loved their childcare and while I'm sure they would like to be together I like that they are separated by age. It will be nice for R to have some time with kids his age only.

Comment

Working...
                            X