Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How much pain will I be in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much pain will I be in?

I haven't done a spinning class before, but now that j is starting preschool I wanted to try it.

I exercise currently 2-3 times a week if I'm lucky, but hopefully with preschool I'll get a solid 3 in every week. My current fitness level is not awesome- I run on the treadmill for 2 miles (9 min miles don't laugh) and I lift weights circuit style for about 35 min. My workout time is 1 hour. I am "healthy weight" but just barely and I want to lose about 10 lbs.

Thoughts? Do you like spinning? Will I survive??
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

You'll be fine! I anticipate you'll be sore just because it is different, and regardless of whether you are in shape, when you try something new you'll be sore!

Personally I'm not a huge fan of spinning, I get too board to easily, but its a great workout!
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I have a friend doing the class that actually works with my schedule. So I'll try it out-- I used to like step aerobics but I don't think I'd do that to my knees at this stage in life lol.
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
        You'll be fine! I anticipate you'll be sore just because it is different, and regardless of whether you are in shape, when you try something new you'll be sore!
        This. It's been awhile since I've taken a spin class, but I remember being sore after the first class. The soreness gradually decreases after you get used to it. And don't let them make you get up into the positions or harass you to stay in them (if you want to try them out) during your first class. I remember that I was trying so hard to keep going, there was no way in hell I was going to lift my ass off the bike seat. I would think that most instructors are sensitive to the different needs in the class and wouldn't be hard on you.

Good luck and enjoy!
        Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

If you do the treadmill, you will be fine. I really tried hard to like spinning, but it was o.k. I need to be outside to enjoy cycling.
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

You'll be fine. You'll be sore...but not necessarily in your legs...in your booty and nether regions. I HIGHLY recommend padded bike shorts. I cant go to spin class without them. They look ridiculous on my belly now, though. Not that I go often anymore!

Plus...if you get to tired, you can just pretend to up the resistance...they cant tell if you are really doing it
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
            X