Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoga

I'm way in to it. As in 5-7 times a week for the last two months. I think this could be an obsession that actually gets me in shape.

Is anyone else a yoga fan? I'm doing Hot Power Yoga 4 times a week loosely based on Baron Baptiste's system, Slow Flow Vinyasa 2 times a week (with my husband! ) and I'm trying to convince my daughter to take the Aerial Yoga class that uses a fabric trapeze with me after school one day. I'm trying to keep it up at least until Christmas. Fingers crossed that my motivation stays true.

World, prepare for a seriously toned Angie. yoga.gif
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

You go! You found your pilates! . Are these at your LTF?

Comment

I am kind of interested in yoga, but it is hard for me to forgo cardio. How is your body responding?
      Needs

Comment

No....sadly I'm thinking I may have to downgrade my membership since I'm spending night and day at this yoga studio. I ended up buying an unlimited studio pass because it costs the same as taking three classes a week.

It's around the corner from my house. Totally walkable from home and they've got the attitude I like in a yoga studio. Try, try, try. Who cares if you fail? It's the trying that matters.

It IS my pilates. I wasn't even planning to go today. I ended up pissed off at a client this morning, changed clothes, grabbed my mat and was in a class 10 minutes later. Nothing like trying to survive a difficult pose in a 95 degree room listening to bizarro Sanskrit rap music to vent my frustrations.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Done it, loved it, wish I could afford it right now. I'd love to go back to it after pregnancy. The hot classes at an actual studio are so much better than those offered at a local gym!
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

The Power class is actually pretty cardio intense. I took my husband and he had to hit child's pose and looked like he might pass out. He's now going to slow flow with me because it isn't so fast moving and lets you catch your breathe. In the Power classes, the "flow" is fast from posture to posture so your heart rate is up. That and the heat makes you end up a drenched mess after the 90 minutes. I'm in the market for a good yoga mat towel because the mats get seriously slippery from all the sweat. TMI, probably!!

I'm much more toned and stronger. I can do postures now that I thought would be impossible a few months ago. I'm trying to nail forearm stand. I can get in to it but can't stay for more than a few breaths.

Strike-Yoga-Pose-Forearm-Stand.jpg

I haven't gotten on the scale because I'm allergic.
            Angie

Comment

No need to get on the scale, you're stronger, you know it. That's all that matters.

I'm pretty sure the shoulder ice I've been dealing with is from a vinyasa2 class I attended about a month ago. For whatever reason, its not for me. I LOVE that you found your pilates!

For Jen - I'll 2nd Angie's description of power classes as "cardio intense". Not nearly enough Childs pose for me!

Comment

I will never get on a scale again except backwards. Right now it's required once a month at OB appts. They know better than to tell me the results.
                Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe View Post
                  I will never get on a scale again except backwards. Right now it's required once a month at OB appts. They know better than to tell me the results.
                  Mine just leaves it in kg I have no clue what the conversion factor is, nor do I care!
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Here's my favorite scale:

_wp-content_uploads_2009_09_scale.jpg

I am considering getting the Withings scale that automatically uploads data to your computer now that I'm charting every.stinking.thing on Fitbit. (Thanks for that tip, Jenn.)
                    Angie

Comment

Working...
                    X