Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Running Advice re knee pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kris, go to the Running Room next time you are in Roch.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
      The pain is on the inner knee- to the inside of the knee cap. It's not soreness-- I get soreness sometimes and this is different.
      Just wanted to add that I had similar pain but it was not my knee - it was my hips. Once the PT was working on my pelvic area and I am not exaggerating - the knee pain stopped immediately. It came back but I have realized that it is due to my SI issues. I am having to wear an SI belt. As I was reading this thread I realized that I don't remember the last time I had the knee pain.

Just a thought. This may not be you but I wanted to throw it out there because all along I thought I had "knee problems"

ETA - I went to ortho three times (3 different ones in three different cities) within a ten year span because of the knee issue and they could not find anything. Now it all makes sense. However, if you go the PT route, not all PTs are alike. My PT is the only PT I have come across that specializes in women's health. Each time I went to ortho, I was referred to PT and left with knee strengthening exercises...they never even looked at my gait, measured legs to see one was longer because it was out, etc. I am not saying they were bad, they were just not looking for that kind of stuff. It is also my understanding that SI issues are common with pregnancy.
      Last edited by medpedspouse; 01-14-2012, 09:51 AM.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Kris - Is there a Metro Walk & Run anywhere near you? They're pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
          Kris - Is there a Metro Walk & Run anywhere near you? They're pretty good.
          bwahahaha, we are lucky to have foot locker... *sigh*
          Kris

Comment

They're worth a road trip. Seriously.

Comment

I think I will try to hit up something in Orlando when I am down there in March.
              Kris

Comment

Ooh, great idea!

Comment

For me I'm fairly certain it has to do with the shoes because when I walk my arches collapse-- my old shoes did not support my arch at all. When I tried on the shoes with the good support, it felt amazing.
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                    I think I will try to hit up something in Orlando when I am down there in March.
                    I was feeling sorry for myself bc I had to drive down to Rockville. A whole 20 min away. Lol.

Perspective!

Make sure you get those shoes in Orlando!
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                      I was feeling sorry for myself bc I had to drive down to Rockville. A whole 20 min away. Lol.

Perspective!

Make sure you get those shoes in Orlando!
                      Yep, the closest store is in Rochester, which is 1.5 hrs away and now that Cheri is gone, I don't have enough of an excuse to head that way. I already drive a ton with exchanging the kids (that is 8 hrs on the road each weekend that E has them).
                      Kris

Comment

Can you make a side trip one of the kid swap days after you drop them off?

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                          Can you make a side trip one of the kid swap days after you drop them off?
                          opposite directions. MKE is straight east and Rochester is straight west. BFE sucks. I always feel like a day and a half is just too short the way it is. And I am spending most of today working. (not complaining about that). I could try to find a store in MKE, but as it is, I don't get home until 10pm on those Fridays and I hate to make it much later because I get so tired. BTW, if any one wants to have a long, drawn out, pointless conversation with a friend of a Friday night, lemme know. There is only so much time I want to spend in self reflection before it becomes wallowing and pathetic and the 4 hour drive allows for plenty of down time now that I have a bluetooth head set.
                          Kris

Comment

What about Madison? Surely they have something like that?
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

That sucks you have to drive HoW but the good news is, once you get fitted and find a brand and style you like, you can order them online. I have done that several times when I just couldn't get to the store (and once because we were in Kenya and had my dad ship them to us). I haven't found a running store in Cleveland but I continue to order online in the same brand/style I got fitted for in Boston. I like to support local small running shops but just haven't found a place around here that I liked.
                              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Kris, there are a few stores like that in Madison. I don't know many offhand. But, there's a place on University Ave (in the Shorewood Hills area) called the Berkeley Running Company that is supposed to be awesome. The New Balance Store at Hilldale Mall does fittings too.
                                I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                                X