Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gym etiquette- was I wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym etiquette- was I wrong?

Running on treadmill-- I was 5 min into my workout on a nice treadmill in between two wall mounted fans. The fans were oscillating so I got a good cross breeze. It's been HOT here-- low 80s today-- and all the fans were going full force in the cardio room.

A lady comes up to the treadmill next to me (there was a whole row of treadmills behind us- mostly vacant and none of them are near a fan). Lady looks at the fan above her with a sneer. The fan was not blowing straight in her face-- it was way up on the wall oscillating.

Anyway, she says: do you mind if I turn this off?

I say, panting slightly, "yes- I want it on because it's too hot in here"

She makes a face, and says-- I thought since you have the other fan over there...

I say: "it's too hot" and I kick up my speed to 7.0 mph Lol.

Anyway she gives me another nasty look, but stays there working out instead of going to the row of treadmills behind us-- same machines there.

Was I rude?

I just don't get why people don't like fans when they are working out. It can get very stinky in there too... Gag.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

You're fine. She's an asshole. Your gym etiquette was totally kosher. She asked if you minded, you did and told her as much. She could have moved and elected not to so it obvs wasn't THAT big of a deal to her.

Comment

You were perfectly polite and honest. I wouldn't sweat it. Lol.
      Last edited by Ladybug; 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM.
      -Ladybug

Comment

Seriously, the lady had a bug up her butt. She asked, and then couldn't accept the answer. You were there first and she had other options she chose not to use. Forget about her.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Just reading that story I am annoyed by that woman. You were perfectly fine.

Comment

I agree! At least she asked... I had someone move a fan away from me without asking when I was on an elliptical while pregnant. Rude people!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Totally acceptable...when you ask a question, you get a response. The response may not always be what you want but you can't get nasty about it. She could've moved if it was too breezy for her.
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                You're fine. She's an asshole. Your gym etiquette was totally kosher. She asked if you minded, you did and told her as much. She could have moved and elected not to so it obvs wasn't THAT big of a deal to her.
                Agreed!
                sigpic
                buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

All I can say is good for you. I had some idiot just walk over and turn off the fan without asking me. I hate sweating so after cursing her out in my mind for about five minutes I made the bold move and went and turned it back on. Like you, she had a whole row of machines to use and took the one right infront of the fan. The nerve of some people. If she would have even headed for that fan again to turn it off it would have been war!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X