Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Zombies, Run!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombies, Run!

So, I've been all over hells half acre for work. Literally haven't been in the DC metro for weeks. I've been super lazy aside from one out of the ordinary run in Central Park. I'm in desperate need of some motivation... DH has worked in a work out routine during first year and has already dropped 15 lbs... in three weeks! WTF! Why can men drop weight by just THINKING about it?! Oh, I digress, back to Zombies, Run! Apparently it is an iPhone app that is a motivational tool for running. You get prizes and supplies and use them in a kind of simms way? Here is the link to what the app is if you haven't heard of it.. https://www.zombiesrungame.com Has anyone heard of or used it? Or used something else that is effective? Music just isn't cutting it for me lately. I need something to get me out of this lazy ass funk!!
    sigpic
    buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Oh that looks like fun!

So if you stop, does that mean the zombies got you?
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Haha that does sound fun!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

The only way I'd ever run, would be if zombies were chasing me.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsk View Post
          the only way i'd ever run, would be if zombies were chasing me.
          this
          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I looked at it a while ago, but it was a bit pricy for an app, so I passed on it. Let me know how it goes if you do try it out!
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
              Agreed. Which is why my friends and I are doing this in October: http://zombiebuffet5k.com/Columbus_OH.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Took the words right outta my mouth.

Comment

Oh, the Zombie run sounds fun. I'd do it if I wasn't on schedule to get in some miles that day! Remind me next year.

If anyone is looking to "mix it up", find your local Hash House Harriers. I did this a few times outside of the Army base in Japan and it was freaking hysterical. The HHH was described to me as drinkers with a running problem. It is a big jumble of socialization, working out, games, and general campiness.

Anyone try the Nike run app? I just want to tell Lance to shove it. I got annoyed when his voice chimes in and tells me my mileage and pace. It is too much like a treadmill. I need to keep my mind off of the fact that I am running.
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                  I just want to tell Lance to shove it. I got annoyed when his voice chimes in and tells me my mileage and pace. It is too much like a treadmill. I need to keep my mind off of the fact that I am running.
                  this!!! I hate hearing his voice.. so patronizing! I'm hoping the zombies are motivating haha.. I would SO do the trick or treat but we have a wedding that weekend!! Maybe both? DH might murder me... we are running a turkey trot on thanksgiving day... everyone even my distant, baby producing, BIL...
                  sigpic
                  buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

I just now got a chance to look at this. GREAT idea for someone that needs mental stimulation and excitement to keep running. You should go for it! What else do you do for workouts or are you sticking to running these days? I really don't like running but I really miss walking every morning. Injured my foot and my walking shoes are shelved for a while. I think once you get in a couple weeks of running several days a week it will get better. Best of luck. I know you can do it!!
                    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I just needed some extra motivation.. so not into it lately.. Thanks for the love

I bit the bullet and bought the app... I LOVE IT!!! Went for the first "mission" and actually got through my whole run waiting for the next radio transmission.. The missions break into your music and really break up the monotony of the run. I did start thinking about books on tape being a great motivator too.. has anyone done that??
                      sigpic

Comment

I haven't but I've wondered how that works. When I'm at the gym I go full out. I don't have the time in my day to just be lazy about it. I have to listen to really fast loud music or I can't make it. I've taken road trips with books on CD and I love it for keeping the time going by really fast.
                        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                        X