Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

GymPact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GymPact

This came out about a year ago. I was skeptical then, but I downloaded it recently and I like it so far!

In a nutshell:
    • You commit to working out a certain # of times a week (you can change it weekly, but it has to be set a week in advance). You can quit anytime. Max # of 7 times/week
    • You set a "fine" (min $5) you will be charged per workout if it is missed.
    • If you meet your goal, you are paid per workout (50-75 cents)
    • You have to prove you did the workout. All workouts have to be 30 min long. You can "prove" you did it by checking in at a gym for 30 min, tracking a run/walk/etc. with the RunKeeper app, or setting it to a 3rd mode that basically tracks it by movement of your iPhone (you wear the phone and have to hit a certain threshold).

When it first came out, the only option was checking into a gym and that seemed to limiting, but so far, so good. I set my goal for 3x week and calculated if I keep it up for a year, that is $75ish. Seems like a nice goal to reach for--I'll use mine for nice workout clothes.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
    This came out about a year ago. I was skeptical then, but I downloaded it recently and I like it so far!

In a nutshell:
    • You commit to working out a certain # of times a week (you can change it weekly, but it has to be set a week in advance). You can quit anytime. Max # of 7 times/week
    • You set a "fine" (min $5) you will be charged per workout if it is missed.
    • If you meet your goal, you are paid per workout (50-75 cents)
    • You have to prove you did the workout. All workouts have to be 30 min long. You can "prove" you did it by checking in at a gym for 30 min, tracking a run/walk/etc. with the RunKeeper app, or setting it to a 3rd mode that basically tracks it by movement of your iPhone (you wear the phone and have to hit a certain threshold).

When it first came out, the only option was checking into a gym and that seemed to limiting, but so far, so good. I set my goal for 3x week and calculated if I keep it up for a year, that is $75ish. Seems like a nice goal to reach for--I'll use mine for nice workout clothes.

oh I'm intrigued!!
    sigpic
    buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Cool!
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I should do this...I could raise good money since I run so much! Probably not the intent...
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

One month. This works. Due to food sickness I was doing workouts at 11 pm on Sat. night and 8 pm Sunday. I sure as well wouldn't have done them if I didn't have something on the line.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
          X