Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When the weight doesn't come off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh! I have gotten so far off track since posting this. I seem to go through periods where I want to get control and start exercising/watching what I eat and then I follow it up by eating crap and losing my mojo. A few years ago, I was so good about this. I desperately wish that I could find that place again. I'm so frustrated that I can't. I remember that once I was regularly exercising and eating right that I lost slowly but consistently and most importantly, I felt better. I'm in that place of feeling extra ugly and gross and it seems to be fueling an unstoppable appetite and laziness. Someone kick me into gear.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'd love suggestions for the c-section overhang. Pound-wise I'm almost at pre-pregnancy weight but the stupid flap is still making me a size larger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got no advice for the belly flap. I'm 10+ pounds less than pre pregnancy and really shouldn't lose much more weight. I'm fluctuating 5 pounds and when they are gone I get a lot of "you are too skinny" comments. (Which aren't helpful either.) And the flap is still there. Yeah it's not as big as when I was hanging on to 25 pounds of extra weight, but it's there. And I can't wear low slung pants without Spanx.

All of my googling has said that surgery is the only way to get rid of it. Exercise and weight loss will get you toned underneath the flap..... and are necessary to keep it away post op..... but they won't get rid of the excess skin.

Plank is the best ab exercise for me. They suck.... and are hard for me to do. But I cheat less with them than crunches or bicycles. After a year of regular workouts, my ab routine/ability has increased, but my ab muscles were worthless when I started. Seriously weak. (Couldn't even sit up on my own using only my core.) But the toning has helped.

Correcting my posture. ...making sure my pelvis isnt tipped forward...has also improved my clothed-appearance.

Naked you still see it, but I've gotten pretty good at hiding it when clothed.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
          I'm starting to curb it in today. I do best when I am eating carbs with one meal a day. it's not realistic for me to do a diet like Paleo, etc - I am not willing to maintain that sort of rigor longterm. I need to move more and eat less, and by restricting carbs to one meal, it just brings down my caloric intake by about 300 cals. I have started taking vitamins too...but why can't 1 a day make gummies that taste like Flintstones gummies? I don't get why it's hard to make a decent gummie!!!!

Anyhow, this is me, and I have grabbed onto the wheel and am trying to pull myself back up. Wahoo!
          Have you tried the vitafusion ones, or do those also not taste like flintstone gummies (I've never had the flintstones, so I wouldn't know)?
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
            They're just a little too sweet (the one a days) and the texture isn't as firm as a typical gummie. But I bought a bottle of these things so I'm in it for 48 more days (100 in the bottle, 2 a day dosage...for 1 a day vitamins...hmm).
            Definitely try the vitafusion ones, next. Bonus, costco carries them, so if you like them you can usually get them a little cheaper there, if you're a member.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Since my swallowing issues 2 years ago, I still can't swallow pills. So I eat the VitaFusion gummies. They are delish! In fact, I'm eating them write now while I type this.
              Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I'm always committed to my diet when I'm full. Since I'm about the weight I was when DH and I met he doesn't even seem to notice. It's just ME who feels fat and ugly...well Thanksgiving should help all that, right? I swear it's also moving north -- in the south you're always having to look at your body because it's so hot wearing sleeves is like an admittance of guilt. As it is now I've been wearing tights under my jeans for a month! Wool socks, multiple sweaters.... makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                X