Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bike Trailers (Spotty Dog???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Trailers (Spotty Dog???)

DH wants to start using his poorly neglected bike again and asked for a bike trailer for Christmas.

1. Is it safe? He's careful, but I worry. She would wear a helmet at all times

2. Any recs? Someone in my town has a used Burley D'lite on Craigslist...it's more than I want to spend but if it's a good brand we could negotiate. DH said he's not sure all types will work with his carbon fiber bike. He thinks he needs one that would attach to the wheel.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Hm. I am no expert, as our trailer is a hand-me-down Burley so we never really researched, except that DH felt more comfortable (balance concerns, I think) with a trailer vs. a on-bike contraption. Definitely helmet for the babe. The main worry is that drivers will see the bike go by and pull out immediately after, so use the flag thingie and be very cautious, or use a dedicated trail. DH mostly used the trailer with his commuter bike, so I dunno about fancy bike use either. Sorry I'm not more helpful!
    Alison

Comment

We had a bike trailer for the kid when we were in MN. We also had a Burley, they both had helmets and we only used it on trails. And ours was on the back of our mountain bikes.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Good to know about the flag. There aren't really any trails around here...not sure how I feel about that.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We have a Burley, but I only like to use it on trails. Not because of any problems with the trailer, just because I'm paranoid. We don't use it with our road bikes, either my mountain bike or DH's hybrid.
          Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388121539.098449.jpg

We ended up with an InStep Sierra. I trolled Craigslist for a few weeks, but couldn't find anything nice under $200. This obviously isn't top of the line, but we decided to see how much use we get out of it and can upgrade to a used Burley or Trek later if he uses it all the time. It's actually really not bad for $125.

They are going to use it for the first time tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but he's promised to be extra cautious. N is thrilled and tried to tell me she was going to sleep in it tonight.

Comment

Working...
            X