Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2014 "detox"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 "detox"

I'm doing a 3-day "detox" starting tomorrow. Basically just limiting my diet to fruits, veggies ,and meat/eggs... and some dairy. Caffiene is ok via green tea. Nothing too fancy, just trying to break my cookie and Diet Coke addictions.

Anyone else?
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Me too. Why is it so easy to fall back into bad habits?! I haven't weighed myself in eons...pretty nervous.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

DH and I started our new year diet this week. We're both cutting way back on alcohol. Beyond that I'm just trying to make better food choices: whole foods, eating slowly, eating only when hungry and only until full, drinking water regularly but not to the point that I slosh. (I'm counting calories just for my info, and they're staying in a range I'm comfortable with.)
      Alison

Comment

No detox, but hard core diet starting tomorrow ...
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Diet commencing here on Monday - I refuse to toss food I already have (beef stew and chili mac). Although exercise and portion control are in full swing. We're both the heaviest we've ever been and neither have clothes that fit.

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Anyone going to use LoseIt? I'll jump back on there if there are others who will be using it.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'll have to double-check with DH, but I think so!

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Ugh. I need to start logging on LoseIt again Michele. I suppose it's Jan. 1. Might as well start today.

Not enthusiastic. I like cookies.

Angie

ETA: In my defense, I'm still recovering from the flu. Day Four of 24/7 meds and no exercise. I'm hoping when I am feeling better, all this get healthy business will seem more appealing. Upside- flu kills your appetite.
                Last edited by Sheherezade; 01-01-2014, 06:26 AM.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Ugh, still, Angie? Hope you feel better real soon.

And yep, logging into loseit today. If anyone wants to be fitbit friends PM me. My daily steps have been abysmal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. STILL. It's the legit flu. I haven't been this sick since I was preggers with my son...18 years ago! I guess I should be glad I spaced out my true illnesses so well.

I will log on Lose It today too....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

BonBon, I'll be your fitbit friend. It'll make you feel better about your steps.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Exercised already this morning! I'm loving my parents "smart" TV that can stream youtube fitness videos! I feel rather silly that I *just* figured out there are free aerobics/weights workouts online...
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I much prefer logging on Fitbit. I like how they incorporate BMR and activities of daily living to bring your calorie "budget" up, and adjust it on the fly for your exercise, and they set that budget at a sane level to begin with. My DH, a fully grown 5'10" man who burns 1500-2000 calories *just on exercise* each day, has a LoseIt budget of 1400 calories! It drives me insane! The only problem is that the interface is less fully-featured, they don't have an option to enter your own recipes and custom foods that I've found yet.

Anyway. I will PM you, BonBon!
                          Alison

Comment

DH and I use a resting metabolic rate calculator, and put that in as our daily calories.

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                            Jen

Comment

So, I guess we're going with myfitnesspal...Bueller?

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                              Jen

Comment

Working...
                              X