Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Low energy, supplements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low energy, supplements?

I'm so low on energy these days. I've had some sleep issues but even on days when I get a solid 8 hours I'm dragging by 5pm. Anything I can take from the supplement ales?
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Have you tried a light box?

Comment

No, do I need one this far south?

Comment

No idea. It's just my first inclination during the winter for that type of thing. Either that or checking thyroid levels.

Comment

Water, iron, vitamin D, vit B-6 B-12 all come to mind. I drink Advocare Spark which has caffeine similar to a cup of coffee and a huge load of B vitamins. It's a great energy build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I've always wanted to do that. Maybe I should just go in and get it done. Dose that mean I might need meds?

I think I live far enough south where I shouldn't need a light box, but I'm not sure. We have lots of sunny days. Today was cold (low 50's) but very sunny. I could use a warm day at the beach though! Sucks, I don't live close to one anymore.

Comment

Have your iron level checked; I'm always WAY lower energy if I don't take my iron pills (I've always had borderline low iron; they've always had to spin my blood when I give blood to make sure I'm at an OK level to donate).

ETA: cross-posted with Angie; yes to D and B also.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                Water, iron, vitamin D, vit B-6 B-12 all come to mind. I drink Advocare Spark which has caffeine similar to a cup of coffee and a huge load of B vitamins. It's a great energy build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                Yep, to all of this. I would also add amino acids.
                Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

B complex makes a huge difference for me. (so does the light box!!!)

Comment

It's trite, but diet and exercise have seriously helped my energy levels recently. But it definitely couldn't hurt to get your thyroid and iron checked if you think there's any reason for concern.
                    Alison

Comment

I just started a 7-day trial on Plexus today. Hoping that helps.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I agree, get bloodwork done first. Does your husband notice if you snore or startle in your sleep? You could be experiencing sleep apnea without knowing it, and a sleep study could evaluate whether you need a CPAP machine. Are you getting 6-8 hours of sleep a night?
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Vitamins and Supplements That Boost Energy
                          • Rhodiola Rosea
                          • CoQ10
                          • Vitamin B12
                          • Iron
                          • Creatine
                          • Citrulline
                          • Beetroot Powder

Comment

Working...
                          X