Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

So tired and sore I'm useless all day...advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So tired and sore I'm useless all day...advice?

I've gone back to power yoga 5-6 times a week. I feel much healthier and less anxious, but DAMN. I'm tired. So tired. My legs feel heavy. It hurts to sit. Needless to say, it was a tough workout this morning. I think it's taken me 3 hours to recover.

I've tried hydrating and I ate a high protein lunch. Popped a B complex vitamin. I'm off caffeine (and have been for weeks), so no options there. I got a full night's sleep. Any ideas on how to get some energy?? I have work to do!

I just want to curl up in a ball. To think earlier I was planning a long walk as well. *sob*
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Apples apparently wake you up. Have any? Worth a try if you do.

Comment

My only advice, reintroduce caffeine .

Okay, not helpful I know but.... Hope you feel better soon!
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Cold water...soft stretches of those cold, sore muscles...poppy music...

Comment

um, I'm no help. Normally when I'm in a hardcore work out phase, I'm damn useless. If I try to push through, I get sick or injured. Seriously, I am envious of these types who run a few marathons a year, have big jobs, seem well adjusted. I'm just not that person.
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I tried a hot shower, Tylenol and more water. I'm not peppy, but I'm no longer cringing. I think I'll sleep like a baby tonight if I make it until 9:30 pm.

The good news is I spotted my waist when I was changing to shower. I haven't seen that in years.

I think this is me losing weight. I hate that when I'm actively losing weight I'm a helpless, whiny disaster of a person. Clearly, I need to be filthy rich and lock myself in one of those ritzy weight loss spas so my only other activities outside of exercise are sleeping, massages and beauty treatments. I'd need about....3 months of that I think to hit my goal weight.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Glad there is some good coming from this!!!

Comment

No advice but wanted to say damn girl, good on you for keeping that up!

Comment

So....SALT! I had some pretzels and I'm like a new woman. My legs are still sore but it's an amazing boost of energy. I always forget that water alone will not "rehydrate" me after a 90 minute hot yoga class.
                  Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                    So....SALT! I had some pretzels and I'm like a new woman. My legs are still sore but it's an amazing boost of energy. I always forget that water alone will not "rehydrate" me after a 90 minute hot yoga class.
                    Ohh yeah! Salt and/or those electrolyte tabs always made a huge difference for me when we lived in PHX - which was like 24/7 hot yoga for 1/2 of the year

Hope it have you enough energy to get outside a little.

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                      Ohh yeah! Salt and/or those electrolyte tabs always made a huge difference for me when we lived in PHX - which was like 24/7 hot yoga for 1/2 of the year

Hope it have you enough energy to get outside a little.
                      Oh glad you figured that out!! When I was doing a lot of hot yoga I put Nuun electrolyte tabs in my water to prevent cramps, those might help you.
                      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                        Oh glad you figured that out!! When I was doing a lot of hot yoga I put Nuun electrolyte tabs in my water to prevent cramps, those might help you.
                        Those are the tabs. Love the triple berry flavor!

Comment

IMHO, the name of the game for training as an older athlete is RECOVERY. It is the most important piece of the equation. Be good to yourself.
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Glad you found something that helped! I notice I need more recovery time too. I just took up walking again and have more workout sx than I used to.

Congrats on getting back into yoga!

Kris
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                            X