Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What keeps you overweight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A killer sweet tooth and the good/poor fortune of having it easy for so long. I used to be a size 2. All I had to do to loose weight was skip dessert and drive thru. Now, I'm hungry all the time and it is so much harder to loose weight. Also, I stress eat now. Never used to do that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'm not overweight by most standards. But what I struggle with is keeping my portions under control. If I consistently count calories, I'm fine. But if I stay to think I can do it without logging? I gain. I can't eat when I'm hungry. I have to wait until I'm really really hungry....ravenous. And then I have to stick to the alloted amount based on the calorie log. Then I wait and wait and wait until I can eat again. Eventually it gets easier. But I can't do it without logging daily.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Easy, my kids, moving and working full time last year. Sitter for 2 hours to cover 20 minute drives and classes runs $45 per class total. A bottle of wine costs $10, but 600 calories. This summer I have used no sitters to save for closing. My ass is screaming this fact. I can't wear any of my clothes from last summer. I also munch and eat the kids left overs instead of making myself a plate that is portioned. I'm cutting myself some slack until this move is over and the kids are back in school. Come on September!!!
        -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
          The fact that I do not eat. When I do, I am starving and end up overeating my poor (yet convenient) good choice. I can lose if I just plan and eat those f-ing 5 mini meals a day.
          This is me, usually. The weight struggle is fairly new for me, as I gained weight when we moved here and I fell into a depression. It's not much, but it's still extra weight and because I'm short, 15lbs on me is horrible and immediately noticeable. I hate exercising alone, and DH is never available. When stressed, I can't eat/avoid eating. When I'm sad or emotional, I eat. I've been sad more than I've been stressed in the past couple of years, then I'll rebound and lose it...then it cycles back.
          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I can't indulge a little...for me, it's feast or famine so I have to stay away from trigger foods if I want to lose or maintain, otherwise I binge. I love eating, especially when bored, stressed, etc.

Comment

When I first met SO, I was 25-30 lbs heavier because I was always eating out with people who couldn't stop eating. When I'm stressed, my appetite is the first thing to go but that also triggers migraines so I have to force myself to eat and it's usually something like rich desserts.

Comment

Working...
              X