Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tone it up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone it up?

Has anyone tried their program? A friend of mine is doing it with her friend from Dubai and really likes it. I'm thinking about joining. I have 15 pounds to lose and some serious toning to do.

My biggest problems: empty alcohol calories, grazing while cooking for kids, eating their leftovers because I don't want to throw them away.

I read The Lean this summer and started her 30 day, 30 small changes plan, but life became stressful and unpredictable with the move. I'm going to start that plan again too. Today's goal is to drink 8 oz glasses of water, and preload with a glass of water before meals.
    -Ladybug

I don't know. I was hoping somebody would have the cliff notes here. My friend is on vacay so i can't ask her either.
    -Ladybug

Comment

Hm. I guess I just really don't go in for "health" plans that revolve around how you're "supposed" to look. Definitely not big on short-term "lose X pounds in X days" kinds of things. There's just no really way for that to be healthful, yeah? That website reads like the pro-anorexia "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" travesties.

I like the look of "The Lean" though. Small habits, given time to sink in, are the way to make lasting changes! I have similar challenges with the wine and grazing. I like how VB6 has given me the structure I need to limit those things (sorry self, it's not six yet, off limits) but without really needing any other arcane or unsubstantiated voodoo about forbidden foods and whanot.

I also don't believe in "toning". I believe in getting stronger. I could stand to get stronger. So once my walking habit is well-established, my October challenge is going to be a little bit of bodyweight strength training and possibly a smidge of Pilates. No osteoporosis or weak core for me!
      Alison

Comment

My friend had great things to say about it, but truthfully, she looks exactly the same? It doesn't appear to be all that effective.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I got the free sampler. The recipes, exercises, health advise looks sound. The recipes look pretty good. They are promoting their own protein powder and protein bars. The online community is a flop, but there's a members only section I don't have access too. My friend uses it to keep in touch with her friend in Dubai daily and they are accountability buddies. The exercises look challenging, but doable at home. I'm not the best about self motivation at home, but it is flexible.

If I lose a pound a week I would be at my target weight by my fortieth birthday. I crunch some numbers and have a plan. I'll start 40th birthday plan thread...
          -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
          X