Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakes?

I think I'd like to start doing shakes for breakfast. Currently, my breakfast is iced coffee (milk + liquid coffee concentrate, either with a splash of creamer or Truvia), and either oatmeal or a breakfast bar. Lately the oatmeal is taking too much time, since I'm trying to also get ready and deal with the kids, if they're awake, and the breakfast bar is definitely not healthy. So, I'd like to just add something to my iced coffee that will help keep me full until lunch and give me some better nutrients. Any suggestions? I was looking at something like IdealShape, but it's not cheap...
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Shakes?

I always used to use that vega brand protein. I think it was the vega protein and greens (they have a few different types - I can't remember why I picked this one... it was like 6 years ago, I did a lot of research back then... I'm sure everything has changed now!).

I've noticed that Costco sells it now. I have t looked at the price, but I'm sure it's got to be more affordable than isogenics etc. The guy I see for muscle activation told me about a new one he was trying. Immuno something. I'll ask him tomorrow. Supposed to do something amazing... probably doesn't. Lol.

I miss my shakes. I always did almond milk, the vanilla powder, a large spoon full of Greek yogurt, kale, mint, and ice.

I will say that price wise... depending on the container, it's going to last a long time. The scoops are pretty small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That one looks similar, thanks! I don't mind paying, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on a huge container of it if I don't know it's any good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
        That one looks similar, thanks! I don't mind paying, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on a huge container of it if I don't know it's any good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
        That's a great point! So if you go to many "healthy" type grocery stores, they sell "one shake" packs of many popular brands. I've never looked online, but I guess it's possible they sell them there too.

I know my sister even had them for shakeology and I tried isogenics with free single packs from my pilates instructor. (It was strawberry though, and I was not hooked! Vanilla shakeology tasted pretty amazing, but I felt like there was something in it that I wasn't thrilled with - I can't remember what though). I'm thinking they probably send a few of those with orders so that people get their friends hooked. But I hate all of those pyramid shake programs. Herbal life etc. I just want to drink a shake, I don't want to be involved in your money making venture. But, that's just my feeling. I don't have any friends on social media selling oils or bags etc, but if one more friend all of a sudden becomes a workout queen beach body coach and posts videos of themselves working out with dangerously bad form I may have to give up on my Instagram love.

Comment

Amazon has Vega One, and it's even a Subscribe & Save option, so I may get a small tub and see how I like it. My mom's going to bring over a blender bottle.

Comment

Nice. This is the one I liked Vega Protein & Greens Plant Based Protein Powder, Vanilla, 1.68 lb (25 Servings) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYRXIIS..._FsSHybP90WZ61

I actually did drink it with my coffee - I remembered today. But I blended it with almond milk and ice. It was actually amazing. If it ever warms up here, I may try that again!

Comment

Shakes?

That sounds amazing [MENTION=3775]JDAZ11[/MENTION] I need to find one sans alternative sweeteners (no fake sweetener, no stevia) because I just can't stand the taste. I've been unsuccessful in my searches.
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                That sounds amazing [MENTION=3775]JDAZ11[/MENTION] I need to find one sans alternative sweeteners (no fake sweetener, no stevia) because I just can't stand the taste. I've been unsuccessful in my searches.
                So hard. Please let me know if you do come across one. I've tried to steer clear of stevia since I cut it out while I was pregnant and pumping. No particular reason other than it was new-ish and I didn't trust it. Now I just don't buy it because my DH thought he was having a hard time digesting halo top, and that was my main stevia splurge. --

I'm looking forward to slightly warmer temps so I can drink these again. I usually add a lot of ice so that it's almost ice cream like consistency and eat it with an ice tea spoon (I have no idea why I feel the spoon changes the experience for me - but makes all the difference).

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                  Nice. This is the one I liked Vega Protein & Greens Plant Based Protein Powder, Vanilla, 1.68 lb (25 Servings) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYRXIIS..._FsSHybP90WZ61

I actually did drink it with my coffee - I remembered today. But I blended it with almond milk and ice. It was actually amazing. If it ever warms up here, I may try that again!

I like this one too

Needs

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                    I usually add a lot of ice so that it's almost ice cream like consistency and eat it with an ice tea spoon (I have no idea why I feel the spoon changes the experience for me - but makes all the difference).
                    Hehe yesss! Totally agree! The more ice and the smaller the spoon the better.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                    Grace

Comment

I've only tried the Vega chocolate, but I liked it.

I also drink the muscle milk light sometimes because it's easy (they sell the individual drink boxes at Costco so no mixing required).

Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

The only shake I make is my pineapple, yogurt, dates and frozen bananas, strawberries, mangoes and peach and call it a day! I'll add some chocolate protein shake for hubby but I like things sweet. I'm sure it isn't good for me but it's a start. I should look in all the green stuff though

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Working...
                        X