Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Peloton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peloton

We just got one. I haven't tried it yet, but J loves it so far. Does anybody else have one? I think we can follow each other?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

You know we have one! I don’t follow people, kinda don’t get the point on that, lol. Just get on and start, I really don’t know too many people that don’t fall in love with it. You will have to push through the pain at first. Get padded bike shorts and ride consistently. Aim for three times/week to start. Even if it’s just a 15 min ride.

Find your fav instructors. I love Robin Arzon (and not only because she is a kick ass T1D &#129322 and Jennifer Jacobs is fabulous. Hannah is not as motivating but gives great instruction and tips. Cody and Alex are fun!

If you like Greatest Showman, do Robin’s 20 minute ride. When you get a bit stronger try Jennifer’s 30 minute rock ride (amazing music and the ride is hard).

Enjoy!!!!
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I survived my first ride - I did a 20 minute beginner ride with Hannah, because J had done it and said it was really helpful. My butt hurts. I'm debating the shorts - I kind of want to just get used to the stupid seat and not have to wear padded shorts, but we'll see. I don't know if I love it, but it's a good workout and super convenient.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
        I survived my first ride - I did a 20 minute beginner ride with Hannah, because J had done it and said it was really helpful. My butt hurts. I'm debating the shorts - I kind of want to just get used to the stupid seat and not have to wear padded shorts, but we'll see. I don't know if I love it, but it's a good workout and super convenient.
        (For regular spin class) I once bought a gel seat cover thing instead of getting the padded shorts. Ultimately, you just break your butt in and don’t need the padding. Its what everyone complains about after the first few spin classes. They sell them at bike stores and I’m sure on amazon. I hate the look of the padded shorts! (I have a bubbly butt to start with. I don’t need more padding!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DH is itching to get one, because all the doctors have one.🙄 We both found the seat extremely uncomfortable at the store. But apparently now they came out with a treadmill. My guess is, to tap into the audience that doesn't like the bike seat. 😂

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

My uncle has the treadmill and really likes it, I think. I did better with the seat this morning. Although the ride was harder, so my legs are killing me now. I couldn't even keep up with the beginner ride. 😬

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Since I have a decent road bike and DH has a smart trainer and a subscription to Zwift, we will never get one. Haha, he turns his nose up at exercise bikes. But I hate exercising indoors (except for weights) anyway.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                Since I have a decent road bike and DH has a smart trainer and a subscription to Zwift, we will never get one. Haha, he turns his nose up at exercise bikes. But I hate exercising indoors (except for weights) anyway.
                That's funny, because J's attending is super into biking and loves both his road bike and his Peloton. But I guess with the Zwift and trainer, you definitely wouldn't need one. We don't have bikes or anything though.

Comment

I mean, if someone handed him one, he'd probably use it. But he gets essentially the same experience with the Trainer Road software/smart trainer/Zwift and he'd rather spend those $$$ on bike improvements. It's an impressive sight to behold. The treadmill intrigues me more because I do miss the treadmill portion of orangetheory. I'm thinking of trying the Aaptiv app at the Y for a similar experience.
                  Last edited by SoonerTexan; 02-05-2019, 07:10 PM.
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Peloton

I was just going to say, I use the Aaptiv app with my treadmill, and I think it’s a similar experience to what I’d get with the Peloton Tread. (Also I’m a huge cheapskate, and the Peloton Tread is crazy expensive.)

Comment

Working...
                    X