Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight loss

I’m down 8.8 pounds. It seems like nothing in the grand scheme of things, but I’m eating right and going walking with Zoe every day. Hope I can lose more before traveling in December. I feel so energized and hopeful. I hope this new lifestyle sticks. I know it takes 6 weeks or more to change habits and I’m only at 2. I started retracting calories on LiseIt a few days ago and am using Happy Feet. Slow but steady. Just thought I’d share.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'll be right there with you in a few weeks!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
      I'll be right there with you in a few weeks!
      Go you! I can’t wait to hear the good news that the baby is here.

Kris

Comment

That's great! I'm down about 10lbs since the beginning of February (well, not right now, post-vacation). I was 1lb away from a healthy BMI, but the last few months were a struggle. I'd like to get about 5-10lbs under the healthy BMI weight, so even on weeks/months where I'm not doing great, I don't go over my healthy max. But, this time I feel like I've been losing it slowly and through a lifestyle I can actually maintain, unlike almost every other time I've lost the weight through different diets.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I’ve had a very frustrating experience. I gained 6 pounds despite measuring food, counting calories, and daily exercise. I’m at a total loss and I feel pretty frustrated. I know weight can fluctuate, but like this? I’m doing it all right. It makes it hard to stay motivated. I am noticing clothes fitting better and thanks to the daily exercise, I am having improved mobility.

Comment

Things that affect my weight are my cycle (I always gain before my period starts, and I'll lose like 2lbs the day after it starts), salt (I'll gain a ton of weight after I eat Chinese food, for example), and whether or not I pooped that day (I try to make sure it happens every day).

Have you read The Obesity Code? In some ways I really liked how it explained how calorie reduction diets don't work long term. But I also felt like I still didn't know how to effectively lose weight long term after I read it (granted, I didn't finish it, but J did and told me he didn't know either).
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Sounds like a good Book. I’ll add it to my amazon. I know weight loss is harder for me due to menopause. Also, I take a medication that can cause weight gain. I feel like I always have to be hungry to be losing. On the bright side, the exercise is improving my quality of life. As a bonus, I walk with Zoe so we get to talk and the dog gets her time. Focus on the positive.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                Sounds like a good Book. I’ll add it to my amazon. I know weight loss is harder for me due to menopause. Also, I take a medication that can cause weight gain. I feel like I always have to be hungry to be losing. On the bright side, the exercise is improving my quality of life. As a bonus, I walk with Zoe so we get to talk and the dog gets her time. Focus on the positive.

Those are great habits!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a great start. I think weight loss is all about developing new habits and routines. I'm jumping on the bandwagon too.
                  A week after baby #3 was born I weighed less than I had in 15 years (thanks to gestational diabetes). 4 months on I have gained about 10 lbs. I'm ready to get back to regular exercise and a decent diet. It's been awful with the move and eating out etc. Plus, I'm nursing and that makes me hungry all the time.
                  Keep up the great work!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Many diets can help you lose weight. Some of the most well-researched diets and eating plans include intermittent fasting, plant-based diets, low-carb diets, low-fat diets, the paleo diet, the Mediterranean diet, WW (Weight Watchers), and the DASH diet.

Comment

Working...
                    X